Sales Development Rep
Sales Development Rep
If you want to truly be a critical part of a company, here’s your chance. We’re hiring Sales Development Reps to *start* our SDR team at Detective, one of Chicago’s fastest growing startups. We’re looking for entrepreneurial-minded sellers who want to be part of building a company. You’ll report directly to the CEO while in charge of setting meetings to sell our new platform that (1) helps sales reps take the grind out of prospecting and (2) automates prospect-research so you can impress even the toughest-to-reach decision makers and (3) makes the tools that companies spend a ton of $$$ to buy easier to use.
Here’s your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Report directly to CEO.
Set meetings for our Account Exec team with people who run sales/training organizations from Mid to Enterprise level companies.
Develop messaging campaigns that not only capture people’s attention, but speak to the ‘why’ people should need Detective.
Collaborate with AE team to constantly improve overall sales strategy and effectiveness.
Things we love:
- Relentless: You will not be denied - if it takes 20 attempts to get to the right people, you plan out 40 to make sure it happens.
- Authenticity: You’re a good person. We work together, we grind together, we travel together, ski together, go to concerts together, and most importantly, we’ve got each others back.
- Work ethic: You have a chance to create and lead something from the beginnings here, that requires a strong work ethic and hustle.
- A true seller: You know your trade and you want to push it’s boundaries (and your past success shows it).
- Tech savviness: Deeply understand cloud-based selling technologies.
- Continual growth: A thirst to learn and be better every day, for yourself, for the team, and for our customers.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision benefits for you and your family (50% paid)
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Work from home 1-2 days a week
- Free water
You will have the opportunity to work on projects that will have a meaningful impact on our business. You will also have the opportunity to grow into new roles as we continue to grow.
Ever gone into a big meeting and wished you had done more prep work? Or, ever started researching a company or person to get prepared and realize that 2 hours has gone by in a second? Our platform automates the research sales reps do before they pick up the phone. A company’s success depends on how well they acquire new clients - we help them do that faster.
If you want to join a rocket ship, here’s your chance. We’ve doubled in size in the past year. We’ve raised $4.2M by GoAhead ventures, the founders of Groupon, Hoovers, Hubspot & more. We work out of a timber loft in the heart of West Loop, Chicago. We like board games. We love to travel and adventure. We love passionate people - our VP of Product has his own band, our VP of Engineering is a master chef, we’ve got some marathoners, some artists, and supposedly the team is scheming to turn our office into a late night library and speakeasy, but I cannot confirm or deny. We’re small (<15 people) so we can’t settle with hiring - you’ve got to be an all-star, a culture fit, and a genuinely good person.
Interested in joining our team? Reach out and let’s talk!