Sales Development Representative - SaaS or AEC
Matterport is a 3D immersive media SaaS company that makes it easy for anyone to quickly and inexpensively create digital 3D models of any physical space. Our 3D immersive media platform is used across many industries to improve how people make decisions about properties. It improves the way people experience and visualize physical spaces making it fun and practical for users to move through real world spaces as if they were there. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2 million properties so far!
Beginning in residential real estate, where 8% of all homes sold in the US last year had a Matterport 3D tour, the company has changed how people experience physical spaces. Our product offering is selling exponentially in new markets: apartment and vacation rentals, hotels, event venues, insurance, retail environments, as well as in architecture, engineering, and construction.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
Matterport is seeking a talented Sales Development Representative to support fast growing demand for our revolutionary products. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, high-energy representative to be on the front line with a high tech startup, connecting with prospective customers and sourcing new prospects. The candidate will work closely with Inside Sales Representatives to drive growth of the Matterport Platform. The ideal candidate must possess self-discipline, excellent communication skills, and the ability to quickly assess a prospect’s needs in a high throughput environment.
- Maintain high outbound calling activity to qualify opportunities and follow up with leads
- Research accounts to understand need and facilitate effective follow up
- Responsible for on-going prospecting and warm-calling potential clients within targeted areas
- Hitting companies goals and metrics
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the sales and lead management process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of Inside Sales experience in the architecture or construction space, consumer electronics, hardware or SaaS software products
- Experience with CRM tools [Salesforce.com preferred]
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand customer's industry and core business challenges
- Ability to tell a compelling story about how product features can address business issues
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport has created a new technology frontier at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. Our hardware and software solutions allow people to scan, explore, reshape, and share digital 3D models of real-world environments. Integrating heavily with VR and augmented reality, this technology changes the way people experience, learn, and interact with the real world.
Read Full Job Description