Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Position Title: Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Reports To: Sales Manager
Full or Part-Time (Hours): Full-time – Monday through Friday
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible following up on inbound marketing leads and contacting outbound leads with the purpose of qualifying the leads for a Smokeball software demonstration by a Sales Executive. The SDR is responsible for researching and contacting the appropriate law firms using a variety of methods as needed, primarily utilizing the phone and email. All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Smokeball core values, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Meet and/or exceed daily call volume sixty (60) and forty (40) email contacts with the intent to qualify key leads and create pipeline for sales team.
- Prospect into targeted lists provided by marketing to develop new sales opportunities from fresh, cold, or inactive leads.
- Identify leads through prospecting qualified outbound and event leads.
- Track, follow-up, and achieve monthly quota for qualified opportunities.
- Report both qualitative and quantitative weekly results.
- Ability to accurately develop information on law firm contacts using web searches and social media.
- Establish and nurture healthy prospect relationships.
- Be responsive to the prospects’ needs and follow through on all aspects of requests, both written and verbal in a timely, professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding prospect information.
- Work closely with Sales Executives to define target clients and strategize to meet monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- Schedule new business software demonstrations with qualified leads primarily utilizing the telephone.
- Proactively provide recommendations for improvements, to management.
- Work collaboratively with all team members but specifically with other SDR’s and Sales executives to cross-generate leads.
- Maintains and expands knowledge with Smokeball software and readily shares knowledge with team members.
- Trains new SDR’s as requested by management.
- As requested by management attend events, such as trade shows and conferences, with other Sales and Marketing team members for both educational and client-acquisition purposes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise:
- 1 + years of prior experience preferably with exposure or knowledge of the legal field a plus. Also a strong desire to either start or continue a successful sales career.
- Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills necessary to train clients including a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor.
- Highly dependable with a professional appearance and attitude, modeling company core values at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand, develop, and communicate technical information to nontechnical users.
- Willingness to learn new skills and have an interest in building a career in software sales.
- Ability and motivation to learn and expand own skills and expertise.
- A BS degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Prior experience in or exposure to the legal field a plus.
- Prior experience using Salesforce a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior sales experience.
- Prior SaaS sales experience a plus.
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Time Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- May include local and national travel to client sites as well as travel to attend conferences as requested by management. Travel may include overnight stays.
- Microsoft Office 365
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity and responsibility that are required of the employee for this job. Activities and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description should not be considered as a contract of employment.