Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Who We Are:
Recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
If you have been searching for an opportunity with a fast-paced technology company, or if you want to grow roots in an industry that offers huge potential, Smokeball is just what you’ve been searching for.
What We Need:
Are you either a recent grad or experienced professional ready and eager to dive into the sales world? Well, look no further! We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious SDRs that are looking to grow their career at an exciting software company. This position will focus on the hunt – high-volume prospecting, calling, and qualifying the leads will be your main responsibility. You’ll be expected to:
- Meet/exceed daily call volume (60) and email volume (40)
- Develop information on law firm contacts using web searches and social media
- Work closely with the Sales Executives to define target clients and strategize to meet monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Schedule new business demos with qualified leads
- Maintain and expand knowledge of Smokeball software
Who You Are:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed in our handbook, and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small love firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind, and mad ping-pong skills (okay, not a requirement but definitely a plus).
What You Bring:
- A hunger to learn the sales industry; prior cold-calling experience and knowledge of the legal field a plus
- Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly dependable with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand, develop, and communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Willingness to learn new skills and have an interest in building a career in software sales
- Ability and motivation to learn and expand own skills and expertise
- Your DNA: A team player, self-motivated, high energy, ability to cope with a growing/changing environment, fun yet professional
- Culture: Named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Compensation: Base + Commission
- Work-Life Balance: 15 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, transit assistance, medical/dental/vision, etc.
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: Both in the office and at fun bars in the area
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pop-a-shot, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in downtown Chicago