Sales Development Representative
What We Do:
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver solutions with actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking to hire our first Sales Development Representative to manage the ever growing demand for our products and platform. You will work on qualifying inbound leads, generating qualified leads for our Account Executives and serving as the bridge between the Marketing and Sales teams at Uptake. You will gain experience interacting with prospective clients of all levels, in a variety of industries and across a broad geographical area. You will be working in a challenging, energetic and rewarding work environment with opportunities for professional growth and promotion.
- Follow up, educate, qualify and develop inbound leads to create sales-ready meetings and opportunities based upon qualification criteria
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate the interest of potential customers
- Understand customer needs & effectively communicate how Uptake will exceed them
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates and pipeline generated
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to the appropriate Account Executives
- Become a trusted and credible source of leads for Uptake Account Executives
- Provide ongoing feedback to the sales and marketing teams for continuous process optimization
- Use and maintain Salesforce according to Uptake standards and provide metrics on leads and subsequent opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of full-time sales development/customer service experience (SaaS is a plus)
- Proven, consistent success in exceeding assigned recurring goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, dynamic and enthusiastic team player who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other sales prospecting tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player with a desire to pursue a career in sales
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.