Sales Development Representative at YCharts
YCharts enables its customers to make smarter investment decisions. Our cloud-based financial data and investment research platform provides investment advisors, wealth managers, and institutional and retail investors with comprehensive data, powerful visualization tools and advanced analytics. YCharts has transitioned from a fintech startup to a thriving growth company (Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company) that offers investors a strong alternative to Bloomberg, at one-fifth of the price. With Morningstar as a lead investor, YCharts proudly services more than 3,000 firms, including industry-leading names such as WealthManagement.com, Seeking Alpha, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, Charles Schwab, The Wall Street Journal, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) role is intended to be an entry level position. SDRs are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities – powering the YCharts sales engine.
The SDR will qualify active buying interest and develop opportunities in prospect accounts. The SDR will implement a prospecting process that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Highly motivated and passionate about financial technology.
- Desire and willingness to spend a significant portion of the day calling with energy and positive attitude.
- Has a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics or similar.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- Understands how the financial markets work and is curious about how our business works.
- Finds the most efficient ways to complete their work.
- Is a problem solver who understands how to prioritize tasks according to urgency and importance.
- Sales training and cold/warm calling experience is a plus.
- Experience and certifications in Hubspot, a plus.
- Has 0-2 years of previous experience in fintech.
- Financial Planning's #3 "2019 Best Fintechs to Work For"
- 2018 and 2019 Inc. 5000 "Fastest Growing Companies" (Top 25%)
- InvestmentNews' "Biggest Fintech Innovations for 2019"
- 2019 "WealthTech 100"
- 2018 and 2019 Technology Tools for Today & Inside Information’s “Top Tool Advisors Are Thinking About Adding”
The position offers an opportunity to work with amazing co-workers who are building a differentiated and compelling product. We have a great work/life balance, many team activities, and a casual working environment with professional work ethics.
PERKS & REC:
- Competitive pay
- 100% Employer paid medical, vision and dental
- Spacious office in River North, Chicago
- Fridge stocked with food and drinks
- Counter Culture coffee supply
- Craft beer, kombucha and cold brew on tap
- Company outings such as happy hours, Cubs games and Whirlyball
- Regular continued education via “Starbucks and Study”
- Opportunity to join kickball, softball, flag football or bowling leagues
- Company-wide incentives including "Summer Hours" and dinner credits if you need to work late.
If you are passionate about fintech and excited about what you have read, please submit your resume today!
YCharts is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
Learn more about our culture (video).