Sales Development Representative
About the Marketing Team:
Our Marketing team is focused on doing everything we can to help add new customers to our expanding customer roster and keep those customers happy once they’re on board with us. We’re passionate about understanding customer needs and explaining to the market how our solutions help solve those needs. Here at Label Insight, our Marketing and Sales teams are super collaborative and we all work together to ensure the success of every team member.
Who You Are:
You’re a passionate, results-driven professional who’ll play a critical role in the achievement of Label Insight’s financial goals. Our target markets are e-commerce leaders within large Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturers and grocery retailers. As the Sales Development Representative (SDR), you’ll collaborate in close partnership with our outside sales Account Executives; you have a proven track record in prospecting, lead qualification, and scheduling meetings between qualified prospects and Account Executives.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop and execute a territory lead generation strategy, in partnership with our Account Executives, to crush performance metrics and financial goals.
- Achieve your monthly scheduling quota by prospecting through outbound channels including telephone, email, and social media.
- Qualify inbound leads resulting from demand generation programs, web inquiries, referrals and events.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to nurture opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Maximize campaigns for greater impact; monitor and evaluate their effectiveness and provide feedback on lead quality.
- Apply past experience and ongoing professional development to establish deep domain expertise in the industries, critical business issues and buying processes of the target markets.
- Be a complete business partner to all other functions within the company.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Your proven track record in a commissioned enterprise technology sales or prospecting role
- A strong self-starter approach and ability to work with great discipline and focus with limited direct supervision
- Your professionalism and excellent communication skills are key whether interacting with executive or admin level partners.
- Ability to crisply articulate business value aligned to a prospect’s critical business issues
- 3+ years experience as an SDR or similar function
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business
- Practical experience using salesforce.com
- Team-oriented and collaborative to the core; demonstrated success in working with cross-functional teams
- Relevant client-side e-commerce or digital agency experience a plus.
- Prior experience selling into CPG or retailers a plus.
We Share A Common Purpose:
Label Insight’s purpose is to empower consumers with the knowledge to improve their lives through better product choices. Our purpose keeps our team focused and aligned as we drive growth for our grocery retailer and CPG customers through unparalleled product transparency.
We Live Our Values:
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration & Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty & Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
The Benefits & Perks of Joining Us:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible paid time-off on top of 12 business days for standard holidays (Label Insight is closed for 1 week during the winter holiday season)
- Company subsidized health insurance, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance Policy and STD/LTD
- Transportation/Commuter benefits
- Employment Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance and Management Training Programs
- Casual and collaborative, open-layout work space - dog-friendly office in Chicago
- Catered team lunches - every other week
- Cold brew and beer on tap
- Regularly scheduled team gatherings
*At Label Insight we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and qualifications. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.