WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Director of Sales, Scale role will have responsibility for the Central region new business ACV quota across the Scale business segment (100-1000 employees, currently 6 sales reps). The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of experience selling SaaS products to Enterprise-level clients and in higher run-rate environments, as well as operating in high growth technology sectors.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and experience in hiring and developing world-class SaaS sales teams as a result of a high performing career in quota carrying roles.
This Director will be responsible for driving large, complex transactions as well as higher cadence transactions, while ensuring consistent and predictable growth and success. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing automation, CRM, email or related marketing technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation and disruptive technologies, have a “customer-first” mentality and represent Braze within the local ecosystem of employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders. Summary of responsibilities:
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy for the region
- Align go-to-market teams (BDR, marketing, value engineering, SolCon, executive) to execute the FY plan and represent a clear, single vision to customers and the marketplace
- Manage overall sales process and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Hire, nurture and performance manage a team of world-class sales talent
- Be a proactive representative within the senior leadership team
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
This is a management SaaS sales role with a high level of experience managing a small team of Account Executives as well as outbound prospectors. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of single contributor experience selling a SaaS product to Enterprise customers and at least 2 years of sales management experience.
Strong candidates will have experience working with Enterprise clients, as well as the ability to coach and lead both an outbound prospecting team in addition to the Scale sales team. In addition, experience selling a marketing automation, CRM, email, or analytics solution is highly preferred.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Minimum of 6 years of proven Enterprise SaaS sales experience required
- At least 2 years of experience managing a regional team of sales executives (experience managing an outbound prospecting team preferred)
- Able to work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales Operations
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- A proven connector in your daily life through social media and other mediums
- Up-to-date on digital and application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Proven success navigating large organizations and ability to quickly identify the decision makers and decision-making process for large SaaS investments
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.