Sales Director at Litera
Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Sales Director will represent Foundation Software Group in the defined territory with integrity, accountability, and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment. He or she will be responsible for identifying opportunities for new business by developing leads, following up, and arranging introductions to potential new customers. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success and an existing network of contacts with law firms in the defined territory. The Sales Director will help prospects learn about our company, products, and customers and will become a trusted advisor.
A Day in the Life:
The Sales Director will have a varied day that may involve:
- Reach out to prospects to invite them to attend a webinar or other event
- Talking by phone with accounts to discover needs and qualify opportunities
- Present Foundation on your own or with the help of a colleague
- Meet with sales management to review the pipeline and strategize on accounts
- Prepare a pricing proposal or work with pre-sales and others on responding to an RFP
- Compare notes about select accounts with an implementation partner
- Network online, on the phone, at events, over coffee or a meal
- Join a kickoff meeting for one of your new customers after briefing the customer success team
Within 1 month, you will:
- Identify and develop a pipeline of opportunities in the defined territory
- Meet your team and learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we're going
- Engage and build relationships with all current and potential law firm customers in the defined territory
- Learn how to communicate the benefits of our products with value driven presentations
- Familiarize yourself with our technology by pair-programming with teammates and attending training sessions presented by your peers
Within 3 months, you will:
- Participate in Marketing efforts such as attending conferences, speaking at events, and engaging in social media as directed
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on products, pricing, success or lack of success of implementations, etc.
- Maintain accurate forecast and activity data for prospects in defined territory
Within 6 months, you will:
- Set proper and realistic expectations and gather information necessary for our Customer Success team to start to turn our new customers into delighted customers
- Participate in reference program, maintaining relationships with customers in defined territory and recording reference usage
- Raise awareness and educate prospects about Foundation, our products, services, company, and customers
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quota and accomplishing sales activity goals
- Results oriented, resourceful problem-solver, comfortable working in a high growth, fast paced, and demanding sales environment
- History of influencing, networking and engaging at the executive level including (CIO/CTO, CMO, CKO, CFO, and Executive Director)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or relevant experience
- 8+ years of selling experience in professional services, preferably to law firms
- Customer focus (internal and external) with a strong customer service attitude
- Willingness to travel extensively within territory.
What Sets us Apart?
- Opportunity to make a difference in a rapidly growing company
- Represent the clear industry leader in our category
- Support and collaboration across the company
- Competitive health benefits, paid time off, and holiday policies
- Casual and flexible work environment