Sales Enablement Manager
Tribune Publishing is seeking a Sales Enablement Manager to lead and drive the transformation of our sales teams to an enterprise-grade organization. You will work closely with our sales leadership to create training and sales enablement programs that strengthen our overall sales effectiveness and sales playbook execution. Scope for this position includes sales team training, new employee onboarding, and communication to the organization on strategic initiatives and tools. Successful applicants will have experience with enterprise selling, sales training, and a progressive history of using tools, tactics, and technology in their career. They can work on many projects simultaneously, are well organized, and can rapidly switch context without losing a step. This position is ideal for candidates that are creative, intelligent, resourceful, collaborative, and have a passion to win. The local media industry faces strategic challenges, thus candidates should be comfortable with high pressure and rapid change.
- Lead development and maintenance of our training content, exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials. Use tone and presentation style that engages sellers and entices them to absorb your message.
- Create baseline content around our sales playbook and workflow process, including pre-sales, proposal creation, closing, and post-campaign analysis.
- Work with key vendors and various internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content and delivery methods.
- Determine specialized training needs by observing selling events, reviewing sales analysis/reporting, and gathering feedback from sales management.
- Conduct training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based learning, virtual learning, and in-field training/coaching.
- Develop and manage reporting around the effectiveness/impact and ROI of all training programs and initiatives.
- Increase adoption of technology, tools, and processes that improve our sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Account for the voice and perspective of the seller by owning or assisting in our communication of new products, processes, or other organizational changes.
- Personal attributes: Embrace challenge; relentless pursuit of excellence; little fear of adversity and headwinds; self-starter mentality that takes direction but doesn’t wait for it; kind and decent human being; doesn’t take her/himself too seriously; challenges current practice and standards; innovative; embraces change.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Organizationally-savvy: Ability to collaborate with stakeholders up and down the organization, including senior sales leadership, sales management, Human Resources, and corporate management.
- Self-starter: Ability to create materials based on quantitative (performance analysis) and qualitative (sales meeting observation) factors.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years of enterprise sales and marketing experience in media or marketing services with a solid understanding of fundamental sales process, and marketing principles including online/digital, promotions, product development, competitive media.
- Multi-tasker: Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Balance: Ability to be strategic, analytical, creative, communicative, and detail-oriented
- Jetsetter: Not quite, but you should be able to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Expert skills in Powerpoint, Excel and graphic design programs.
- Embraces team outings with karaoke