Sprout Social’s success in the enterprise market depends on the professional services team. We are looking for a Sales Engineer who is sales/marketing savvy, can deliver quickly, and loves working with prospects in a fast-paced environment.
Our team provides the professional services that complement our products - from onsite consulting, to solutions development, to implementation assistance. Sprout Social is used by over 24,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
We are looking for someone who is professional and driven with a background in sales to consult and sell our services offering to prospects and existing customers. If you’re the best at what you do and have a strong command of the spoken word, a confident presence during executive presentations, and the sales acumen required to handle tough questions from prospects, we’d love to talk with you.
- Support the Sales team as a technical and strategic resource throughout all aspects of the sales cycle
- Be the expert in conversations regarding Sprout Social and our professional services offerings
- Help lead the entire sales cycle for large prospects in an effort to convert them to paying customers
- Be the lead for product demonstrations to prospects
- Talk to the differentiation points between Sprout Social and our competitors
- Overcome technical objections that are brought up in discussions with prospects
- Strategize with prospects regarding effective roll-out strategies to a large audience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a solutions engineering or pre-sales related role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field OR equivalent experience
- SaaS experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Understanding of social networks (in particular Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) and social media strategy for large organizations
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects and simultaneously support the sales team
- Understanding of all components of a software sales process
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!