Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
As a Sales Engineer, you will support Account Executives in selling Litera products and winning new business. Sales Engineers will also manage customer trials (evaluations) and pilots, ensuring they lead to the highest possible chance of a successful sale. Sales Engineers will be responsible for identifying software gaps at the prospect/customer level, conducting tailored demonstrations to promote the value, alleviate business problems, and be capable of technical, strategic, and implementation conversations with C-level and IT Director positions.
- Conduct to-the-point and specific product demonstrations to meet the needs of the customer/prospect
- Advocate on behalf of the customer to ensure Product Management is aware of market trends, gaps, needs, and business cases
- Manage the pre-sales cycle from a technical and implementation perspective
- Build relationships with IT/Apps Managers to obtain access to items impacting decisions
- Validate Litera Microsystems solutions by telling other customers success stories
- Maintain an industry leading level of knowledge surrounding current challenges, standardizations, changes, and solutions
- Conduct strategic conversations with C-level/IT/Knowledge Management leads for leveraging technology and accommodating workforce demographics
- Overcome product deficiencies by showing immediate value in other areas of the product, relationship, or service
- Keep on top of all active trials (evaluations) and pilots daily. Updating checklists and coordinating internal staff for updates.
- Travel is required
- Technically competent and the ability to quickly adapt to technology changes
- Always prepared in advance for every meeting
- Strong communication and demonstration skills; ability to teach and tell a story in a concise way
- Knowledge of and experience using Salesforce
- Ability to retain a significant amount of knowledge regarding customers, Account Executive territories, practice areas, and previous interactions with customers
- Ability to iterate and think on the fly
- Ability to position Litera Microsystems' solutions to speak to the value provided to the entirety of the document lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge in Office, Exchange, and Industry environments to accurately speak and relate to concerns, needs, and requirements
- Advanced level of knowledge required in Litera Microsystems offerings/capabilities and the industry, with the ability to work with C-Level/Director titles at prospect/customer sites
- Keen attention to detail, strong organization skills, and the ability to manage several projects at once.
- Report directly to the Manager, Sales Engineering
- Work alongside a team of salespeople (including Account Executives and other Sales Engineers)
- Success is primarily measured by the success of the sales team at large meeting its yearly quota. Note that Sales Engineers do not carry quota themselves.
- Additionally, success is measured on Litera Microsystems reaching/retaining net new and renewal revenue.
- Consistent positive feedback from the Sales Team on how well trials (evaluations) and pilots are managed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working in an IT support or software sales support capacity
- Proven ability to succeed in a high-pressure, fast moving role
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills and a passion for customer satisfaction and relationship development.
- A great attitude and commitment to excellence.
- Interest and aptitude to learn new technologies
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Interest / experience in the Legal / Legal Tech industries encouraged but not required