Sales Operations Analyst
What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You Do:
As a Sales Operations Analyst, you will be a member of the Sales Strategy & Operations team, supporting the Sales organization across areas ranging from sales compensation to forecasting to analytics. You will work closely with Sales leadership to provide our teams with the systems and supports they need to make Uptake a well-oiled commercial machine. This position requires talent that embraces the entrepreneurial nature of our business and the operational savvy to know what’s right for our sales team and prospective customers in an ever-evolving sector.
- Assist with design, creation, and administration of Sales compensation plans
- Create and edit reports and dashboards in Salesforce.com quickly and effectively
- Develop financial models in Excel across a variety of areas, including monitoring and evaluating pipeline health, Sales compensation and forecast accuracy
- Creation and maintenance of slide decks for weekly team meetings and executive briefings as well as for one-off requests
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Operations, Finance, and other departments to support the integration of Sales with all of Uptake
- Work with Sales leadership to set metrics and create reporting to continually evaluate the health and course of the business
- Support improvement of processes, mechanisms, job aids, and automation that reduce the burden on sellers and support them across the prospective customer's buying process. Do whatever it takes to enable sellers to drive sustainable, scalable revenue
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of Sales Operations, Finance, or Business Operations experience
- Experience in creating reports and dashboards in Salesforce.com a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Problem solver with strong qualitative and quantitative analytical ability, including financial modeling experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to describe complex concepts in a concise manner to people of different skill and experience levels
- The successful candidate will be an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization.
- Strong work ethic, willingness to take initiative, and ability to work under minimal supervision
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.