Sales Solutions Specialist at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Alternative Format Brick & Mortar Sales Specialist is responsible for all aspects of executing the day-to-day relationship with the stores in an assigned territory. The success and compensation for the position will be based upon the Retail Sales Consultant’s ability to grow sales in each store, increase order size, and maintain excellent relationships with all store management and personnel.
- Promote and sell the organization's products and services within an assigned geographic area, product range, or list of customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Develop and execute - promotional plans, sales events, extra performance, off-shelf display opportunities, and business and category reviews specifically for brick and mortar customers.
- Educate the customer on what their store needs are based on the trends in the specialty, natural and fresh categories and persuade the customer to cut in new items, sections, and incremental display of products based on what has been taught to them.
- Identify, research, and contact customers building positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Prospect and contact potential new customers, as well as identifying and following up on new business development opportunities within existing brick and mortar accounts.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the department.
- Respond to all inquiries while presenting a professional, trustworthy and friendly image at all times to customers and vendors.
- Accountability to the channel P&L, including (but not limited to) monitoring and assisting all accounts receivables activities.
- Provide guidance on forecasting demand on new and promotional items.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- High School Diploma required with a minimum two (2) years' experience in grocery sales, preferably with sales management responsibilities.
- Solid track record of sales success including strategy, planning, and impeccable follow up.
- Excellent presentation skills including listening and asking impactful questions.
- Working knowledge of and literacy in MS office applications, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively recognize and pursue business opportunities and make solid business decisions.
- Highly energetic, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills with people at all organizational levels, internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of tasks, focusing on those with the highest business impact, including anticipating problems and taking appropriate preventive action.