Sales Training Manager at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup; however, computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With the expansion of multi-modal healthcare data and recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare technology company at the forefront of that change to leverage data to improve patient lives.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world data to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate data silos into a comprehensive dataset to accelerate the pace of innovation and discovery in healthcare. And now we are looking for a Sales Training Manager to join our rapidly growing Learning and Development team. The primary role of the Training Manager is to work closely with the Head of Commercial Learning and Development to create and lead the development of a sales training strategy, resource requirements, and plan for field execution. This role will be responsible for the development, guidance, and/or execution of product core curriculum, new hire, and ongoing training to enable the US sales team. In collaboration with functional leaders in Marketing, Medical Affairs, L&D, People Team and IT counterparts you will explore and successfully implement the curricula in various training modalities (e.g., mobile devices, AR/VR, audio, video, interactive experiences, and gamification).
- Helping to Develop and implement training plans for all commercial teams which meet organizational goals and individual professional needs.
- Plan, coordinate and execute new-hire sales training and ongoing training modules, educational materials, classes, and assessments in coordination with Sales leadership, directing appropriate content creation and maintenance to brand teams, medical, and compliance.
- Connect with internal stakeholders regarding instruction and scheduling of workshops.
- Assist in translating national brand plans and tactics into development of message practice, and role play scenarios for all meetings.
- Provide learner feedback to sales management with recommendations for follow-up coaching
- Training delivery within the biotechnology, diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in building training program infrastructure in the oncology, neuro/psych, customer support and/or pharmaceutical space.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Goggle
suites and Microsoft office
- Ability to coach, inspire, and also give clear feedback on improvements needed to sales reps
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team and at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside and outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs and scientific publications.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of documents.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelors Degree and 2+ years sales training experience
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Provider or Life Science Sales, Training and Development
- Remote based with the ability to travel required up to 50%-75%
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams to create quality training products
- Demonstrated experience in creating training plans, curricula, and material in various modalities, preferably in the life sciences and/or pharma/biotech industry Sales Leadership or Account Management experience
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage complex projects with resources across functional teams, including vendors
- Strong analytical, technical and creative problem- solving skills Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience as Sales Force Effectiveness, System management, reporting development and
- Experience in project definition and analysis
- Experience in developing plans and measures, liaising with and engaging cross functional teams.
- Must be an exemplary team player that can work effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to take feedback
- Must be able to work independently and with a sense of urgency to meet timelines