Senior Account Executive - Elevator Category at relayr
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:42 a.m. (CST) on Friday, January 29, 2021
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
What we expect from you:
As a Senior Account Executive for our Elevator Category; reporting directly to the Vice President of AMER Sales you will be responsible for jointly strategizing with a Category Manager to define the global strategy and routes to market for Lifts/Elevator and the broader vertical transportation market. The goal is to create build up on the initial beachhead customers relayr already has in this vertical to grow and scale this business, and to help bring industry insights to build the right suite of relayr’s product and solutions. The Elevator Category Senior Account Executive is a quota carrying role with the responsibility to work in close alignment with relayr Account Executives to select strategic accounts, create the right value proposition, and jointly execute large transformative deal style pre-sales activities for customer acquisition in the vertical transportation market.
This role requires deep knowledge of the Lifts/Elevator market segment, key business imperatives impacting the service providers, OEM’s, Certification and Other Associations, and Operators of Elevators and the ability to define the GTM strategy, partners, accounts and programs needed to achieve growth and leadership for IoT business in this segment. Domain knowledge of the sector is key, as well as the ability to challenge the status quo with C-level management, create strategic engagement frameworks, and the demonstrated ability to drive long term business results.
The successful candidate will establish him/herself as a trusted advisor to customers, partners, and various stakeholders within relayr while supporting relayr Sales team to ensure sales targets are met and exceeded. Based in Chicago / Any Other Major US City and willing to travel frequently (once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted).
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain relationships with an assigned customer base, including key accounts, ensuring that they support the relayr Account Executives to successfully acquire customers using relayr’s unique combination of technology, insurance, finance, and delivery solution as well as existing domain knowledge.
- Develop and deliver clear and concise value proposition and business outcomes for customers with enthusiasm and passion.
- Strategic Account Management: Focus on collaboratively working with relayr Account Executives with the domain knowledge to ensure long term success of relayr’s customers.
- Maintain a broad understanding of relayr solutions offered and ability to effectively articulate the business value in ways that resonate with Lift/Elevator customers.
- Monitor sales trends and product performance results and enable the relayr Sales team with the right domain and customer qualification knowledge for self-sufficient sales execution.
- Continually enhance sales skills to promote a professional image in the field.
- Work collaboratively with a virtual cross functional team including Sales, Solution Engineering, Industry, and Field Marketing.
- Support the development of messaging and positioning for relayr vertical transportation solution including industry positioning & terminology; to incorporate new revenue strategies such a CAPEX to OPEX transformations and Guaranty based revenue share models.
- Actively promote relayr’s suite of solutions, products and services to prospects, customers, and partners while engaging proactively in cross-selling and up-selling activities.
- Bring in real-world expertise from the Lifts/Elevator world to complement the strategic sales skills of relayr Account Executives, and comfortability with Industrial clients.
- 12+ years of total experience, with a combination of Strategic Selling, Business Development, Solution Development, Account Management, etc.
- A deep understanding of Lift/Elevator market and/or Service market for these assets with 5+ years of experience in the market
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a business-related discipline
- A persistent, self-starter with a proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives
- Strategic thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy
- A personal desire to work in an entrepreneurial small-company culture, and ability to play multiple roles from strategic planning to leading customer acquisition.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish immediately the necessary credibility through all levels of the organization to influence and coach other leaders
- Exceptional customer-facing skills and presentation skills to C-Level management
- A good understanding of latest technology trends and experience in the Industrial market
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools and experienced user of Salesforce
Other Skills that are a plus:
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Beautiful office located in downtown Chicago with a great view over the city
- Work life balance including a flexible work from home policy, vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending account, and commuter benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- We fully support your move to Chicago by providing professionally managed relocation assistance through our global mobility partner. To help you feel comfortable with your move, relayr offers a variety of services to make your move as easy as possible and help you settle in!
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
Read Full Job Description