Senior Account Manager Customer Success at NowPow
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago’s south side. NowPow’s multi-sided platform is a personalized community referral management solution that enables care professionals – social workers, physicians, justice workers – to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals and also directly support patients, members, and clients in their own self-care. NowPow helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
NowPow is seeking a Senior Account Manager (SAM) to join the Customer Success team. The position would be based in our Chicago office, located in Hyde Park. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for handling customer success activities and relationship management for strategic anchor customers. The SAM partners with our high-value key customers to drive adoption and outcomes leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy across your portfolio. This is a strategic role where building relationships with executive stakeholders, understanding customer objectives, and the ability to analyze and communicate success metrics are vital components to the role. There is potential for this role to include people management.
- Strategically manage and monitor customer relationships for our key, high-value strategic accounts
- Work with Senior Project Leadership in customer accounts, to define usage strategies, business objectives and ensure impact alignment between NowPow and key customer stakeholders at the executive level
- Act as primary account contact to facilitate and lead the customer success process, working across departments to prioritize customer needs and issues, communicate timelines and resolutions/outcomes to customers
- Manage customer renewals and retention to ensure Net Revenue Retention goals are met
- Monitor user adoption by the customer and take action as necessary
- Work closely with NowPow’s Community Engagement team to create a robust and active network of referral partners (within Community Based Organizations/CBO’s) to support large customer anchor accounts and ecosystem
- Conduct customer analysis, develop customer profiles, create and regularly publish success stories from data/use cases to drive impact and spread optimization across the NowPow customer base
- Understand the impact of new software releases on customer projects
- Manage and lead user training and support through workflow pilots and rollouts
- Develop and share best practices to drive user adoption and long-term utilization
- Engage with customers to provide feedback to the NowPow team regarding usage and technology functionality
- Troubleshoot questions and issues as they arise, facilitating communication and resolutions between customers and NowPow teams as needed (e.g. product development, engineering), training delivery, upsell/cross-sell, and account growth.
- Multi-day travel to customers, conferences/conventions will be required as needed (post COVID).
- Support sales activities such as technology demonstrations for existing prospective customers as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of customer success, account management experience, or customer service
- Demonstrated experience managing both internal and external teams
- Must be willing to travel (post COVID)
- Master’s degree in social work, public policy, or public health
- Professional experience with a focus on enterprise accounts
- Direct experience working with a health system or community-based organizations
- Strong detail-orientation with experience managing multiple accounts required including working with quotas
- Ability to adhere and promote standard customer success methodologies, procedures, and best practices
- Experience managing both internal and external teams
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence, persuade and facilitate effective working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; comfortable speaking in public
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills and comfortable with leveraging technology like Customer Relationship Management tools (e.g. Insightly) in workflow
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track-record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Ability to become a trusted advisor, generate new ideas, iterate on various processes, and provide thought leadership to customers and NowPow leadership
- Commitment to social impact initiatives and helping underserved communities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company-wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game – and look forward to being able to do so again!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities, and general treatment during employment.