Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Fresh Senior Account Manager is accountable to design and execute sales and marketing programs for the Retail Company's account. Key drivers for success in this position involve building and leveraging relationships with vendors, KeHE sales reps, and the Retail Company’s personnel, specific to items that KeHE classifies as Fresh and/or that the retailer classifies as Fresh. Ultimately, the scorecard for success will be measured by the increase of profitable sales as well as deepened relationships within the account. As with all positions at KeHE we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Increase sales at the account through analytical and fact-based selling.
- Increase sales by developing creative promotional plans and managing through to profitable execution.
- Increase sales by finding new business opportunities and through consistent follow up.
- Work with a sense of urgency toward projects, requests, and deadlines.
- Coordinate activities and communications among vendors and company functional groups.
- Responsible for budgeting sales and expenses as well as overall profitability of the business they are managing.
- Monitor credits and account receivables.
- Communicate with all departments and organizational levels regarding sales and operations.
- Monitor competitor activities and recommend paths forward to address these activities.
- Collaborate with other KeHE functional areas to meet all company objectives.
- Assure that established company policies and procedures are followed in achieving the above accountabilities.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree in Business. Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in sales of grocery channel. Three years in a supervisory or management role within industry.
- Able to develop and deliver multi-mode verbal and written communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Able to focus on highest priorities, lay out a thorough schedule for achieving objectives, develop implementation plans and contingency plans.
- Exhibits initiative, able to decisively act in unpredictable situations, and able to spot and seize opportunities.
- Models high standards of honesty and integrity with self, co-workers and direct reports.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best and help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Able to build teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Steps up to address difficult issues and is willing to say what needs to be said.
- Able to interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Working knowledge of and literacy in computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed, including some weekends.