Senior Accountant at G2
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
G2 Crowd is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. In this role, you will report to the Accounting Manager and assist the accounting/finance team with the month-end close, journal entry preparation, process improvements, and management of financial statements. You will prepare monthly account reconciliations, provide analysis, and assist the finance and leadership teams in understanding financial results. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail and can work quickly while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and perform financial statement review
- Prepare and review month-end, quarter-end, year-end journal entries and accruals
- Assist in month-end close process
- Manage AR and AP Functions
- Review transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment and allocation of expenses to various departments
- Work with external auditors including preparing PBC documents and process narratives
- Research technical accounting issues and implement changes to our processes as needed
- Complete various ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- 2 years of public accounting required
- CPA certification preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Experience with month-end close process
- Knowledge of GL software packages (Sage Intacct preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.