Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
This position is responsible for the Epsilon Sales Operations functions for our Technology, Digital Media, and Data practices. The Senior Director Sales operations should lead, oversee and perform all aspects of Sales Operations including sales process management, CRM tool (Salesforce) development and maintenance, report creation and distribution, be a trusted business partner with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels, and ensure data integrity. In short, they should continuously develop and maintain the Sales Operations function and systems to ensure our business has the information and context needed to optimize sales and business performance.
- Reports to: Senior Vice President Finance
- Directly supervises: 3 Sales Ops Managers, Principal Developer. Total team of 7
- Works closely with: Epsilon Sales teams, Leadership, Marketing, Parent company Sales operations, and administrative functions (Finance, HR, Legal etc.)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership: Manage the Sales Operations team’s support of go to market processes for each of the 3 business areas. Team consists of 3 Sales Operations managers, a Principal Salesforce developer and 3 technical and operational associates.
- Process: Business process ownership of Technology, Data and DMS businesses (Develop and manage process, set business roadmap, establish priority, ensure consistency).
- Systems: System ownership of Salesforce instances that support Technology and Data businesses including development using software development lifecycle approach (SDLC) and management of Salesforce support activities.
- Reporting: Guide team in proactively developing reporting and analytics to track the sales process and key metrics throughout the sales funnel in order to support other functional teams and uncover areas of improvement in sales performance.
- Partnering: Develop and maintain active relationships within the organization, becoming a valued, strategic business partner to Sales. Also, as the needs of the organization expand and evolve, work closely with the management teams to find solutions to business requirements and requests, and coordinate with adjacent functional areas to ensure consistency (Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal).
- Data Integrity/consistency: Ensure data in the CRM is complete and accurate. Develop audit reports and processes to ensure compliance and maintain and continually update/expand on the Sales CRM tool and process documentation.
- Continuous improvement: Support increasing sales productivity by identifying bottlenecks, simplifying and rolling out streamlined processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience leading a Sales Operations function, including business process ownership, reporting, and management of CRM system team
- Experience in large project implementations within CRM tools (either on business or technical team). Knowledge of software development lifecycle approach and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Especially Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience in Sales Operations / sales support functions including:
- 10+ years experience with enterprise CRM systems (at least 5 years with Salesforce)
- 10+ years experience developing, implementing and managing sales process (pipeline tracking, KPIs, performance tracking)
- Excellent team management / leadership skills – Ability to support and grow the existing team, and be a driving force in their continued success
- Strong partnering and influencing skills – Ability to work with a broad cross functional team, understand their needs and ensure the optimal business and technology solution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – Ability to effectively impart information in a broad range of ways from individual conversations to broad online training, from junior associates to senior leadership.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills – Ability to manage team to deliver on complex tasks and projects, which sometimes have conflicting/overlapping timelines. Ensure the team sets expectations appropriately and meet deadlines consistently
- Ensure system development control environment is managed appropriately.
- Ability to effectively manage through ambiguity in assigned work tasks
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.