Senior Manager, Regional Partner Strategy
As a member on our Local Team, you will be responsible for executing our strategic advantage: winning, growing and maintaining the best merchants in each city. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team to improve the way we interact, retain and build relationships with our partners. You will report to the Regional General Manager.
What you’ll do
- Lead – Manage a team of Strategic Partner Managers that work to grow merchants relationships with our key accounts across the Midwest
- Strategize – Work with our Merchant Operations team to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning the merchant”
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from commissary kitchens, to in-store marketing, to launching new verticals
- Business Development – Generate new business and strategic investment opportunities by being the local liaison for new products to roll out in your region. This includes everything from Drive to DoorDash For Business
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, consistently changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 6+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / sales / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Experience in a client facing or account management role
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.comWhy You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.