Senior Manager of Sales Training
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
The Training Team is the core of learning and development at Trunk Club. We are a close-knit team committed to creating an ongoing culture of knowledge and curation of resources for our customer facing teams. The Senior Manager of Sales Training will develop and execute effective sales techniques that enable our sales team to maximize revenue potential through new and existing business. You’ll have strong knowledge and understanding of the organization's products, services, customers, competitors, and sales techniques and provide partnership and resources to our sales teams.
What you’ll do
- Partner with head of training and sales leadership to assess training needs and develop programs focused on effective sales techniques that will enable the sales team to maximize revenue potential.
- Monitor and analyze performance of our sales teams to identify customer opportunities and build continuous education.
- Partner with the training team and business partners to identify and develop sales skills via role based-programs, channel-specific training programs and management trainings.
- Coordinate and build a schedule for effective training and implementation in addition to align with product marketing and sales leadership for enablement and deliverables.
- Maximize training effectiveness by contributing to content, assessments and evaluations, employing innovative blended learning delivery methodologies.
- Create sales enablement tools to reinforce concepts including internal reference sheets, call scripts, videos and quick reference guides and maintain those tools.
Who you are
- A collaborator. You’re team oriented and value long-lasting relationships.
- A creator. You’re comfortable building, assessing needs and stretching your skills.
- A learner. You are passionate about helping others learn, too.
- A lover of style. You’re creative and excited about apparel.
- Resourceful and adaptable. You enjoy creatively solving problems and running through walls.
- You also have a Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of experience working with sales leaders, are comfortable with some travel and are familiar with various sales models (Sandler System, Challenger Sale, etc.)
How we work
- With others. Our Training team is a crucial cross functional partner to our sales, operations and customer facing teams.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee-shop!