Senior Sales Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
- Accelerating the growth of revenue through selling Grubhub’s products and services to independent restaurants
- Direct sales team to execute formal sales process to include: prospecting, selling and closing restaurants to be on the Grubhub network.
- Utilize tools to ensure proper market coverage including high proficiency in salesforce.com and other internal teams.
- Recruit and motivate a team of enthusiastic sellers and managers to exhibit sales excellence and perform at high levels each and every day.
- Successfully importing your knowledge and experience, including knowledge of the market and personal network to develop and execute an effective long-term sales strategy and plan in the market
- Managing pipeline and sales activity with an ability to accurately forecast
- Thinking critically on challenges, develop solutions, and implement them with a focus on consistent and sustained improvement
- Fostering a learning culture, focused on high-performance, agility, and creativity within the team
- Recruiting, developing, training, and motivating a group of high achieving A-players, based on Grubhub’s company values
- Finding creative solutions to challenging problems
- Effectively communicating thoughts and ideas with peers and leaders
- Willing to risk comfort level and step into unknown projects/tasks
- And other exciting projects assigned by your manager
What You Bring to the Table
- 7+ years of sales management experience, must have led other managers
- 4+ years experience leading and coaching high performing sales teams
- Must be focused and have excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be a highly intelligent, driven individual with an extraordinary amount of professionalism and common sense
- Must be comfortable with difficult conversations, and showcase an ability to hold yourself and your team accountable at all times
- Must be extremely responsible, have an open and engaging personality, and a quick mind
- Strong leader with a track record of developing individual and team skills and productivity
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]