Senior Team Lead, Business Development
Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
ShipBob’s mission is simple: provide world-class fulfillment to ecommerce sellers big and small.
With $60M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Hyde Park Venture Partners, we are ready for a new team member to help us reach the next level.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is energized by learning new things and is looking for an opportunity to seize and excel in their next challenge. The Business Development Manager role involves leading one of our BDR teams, providing thought leadership, tactics, and accountability to drive revenue growth. The ideal candidate possesses a successful track record in both individual contributor and sales management. This position reports directly to the Director of Business Development.
At ShipBob, we’re looking for individuals who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Recruit, hire, develop, motivate and promote a best-in-class sales team
- Execute repeatable sales process to identify, contact, and generate SMB, mid-market and enterprise meetings
- Organize and lead training programs that empower the team to exceed company sales goals
- Cultivate and support an environment of success, accountability and (healthy) competition
- Relentlessly pursue incremental improvement within the sales process to improve conversion rates, shorten the sales process and identify more high value opportunities
- Refine and implement outbound prospecting strategy
- Apply metrics-based coaching using clear KPIs so every team member is clear on what is expected of them daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Dedicate time with every rep on a weekly basis for individual coaching and pipeline evaluation
- Provide assists when needed to push meetings across the finish line
- 3+ years sales experience
- 1+ years experience in management or team leadership, enterprise level a bonus
- A proven record of success
- Experience and success managing sales cycles of various lengths
- Recruited, hired, and trained teams of successful reps
- Exceptional ability to understand sales analytics and operations
- Comfort operating in a fast paced, high growth startup environment
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Referral Bonus Program
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.