Small-Medium Business Account Advisor at Braintree
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on The Muse | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
We're looking for a highly organized go-getter and problem-solver who wants to delight our customers by delivering accurate and quick assistance while maintaining Braintree’s white-glove service experience. You’ll engage our merchants to provide expert guidance and insight into payments, processing, and all things Braintree by thinking strategically and holistically about a merchant’s individual needs. After comprehensive training on Braintree’s products and payments, you should be excited to play a pivotal role in supporting and maintaining the day-to-day operations of our diverse customer base.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to solve complex merchant issues, taking on each request as a unique opportunity to improve a merchant’s experience
- Respond to inbound merchant emails and phone calls, fully answering merchant questions and anticipating additional needs
- Advise merchants on how products and features, including PayPal, Venmo, Account Updater, Fraud Tools, new lines of business, and more that can help improve and grow their business
- Discuss options for clients’ international expansion, whether through multi-currency accounts or local account setups
- Provide expert assistance in helping merchants navigate the world of declines
- Offer guidance on optimizing checkout experience by thinking strategically and holistically about a merchant’s individual needs
- De-escalate merchants facing challenges with our products or their processing
- Work with merchants and our Finance team to ensure pricing is advantageous to both parties
- Assist merchants globally with add-location and replacement applications, addressing pricing and feature questions as they arise during the process
- Assist merchants globally with regulatory updates regarding compliance
Beyond the day-to-day:
- Find efficiency gains in our queue management and process management
- As role evolves, identify trends in processing costs to help merchants reduce their expenses and make the most out of their processing experience with Braintree
- Offer insight as a stakeholder with other teams to make enhancements to the merchant experience
- Collaborate with other internal teams to solve any issues we’ve never encountered before
- Deep belief in Braintree’s Values of Ask Why, Care, A Lot, and Solve Together
- Curious and quick learner, through both formal and informal training
- Be comfortable working on a small team and feel confident operating autonomously
- Proven track record of communicating successfully with internal and external customers of all skill levels
- Manage multiple channels of communication in a high volume environment, addressing merchant inquiries and sharing detailed notes with your peers
- Be a great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language
- Be someone who cares deeply about precision and getting to the right answer -- quality for quantity
- Must be a self-starter and have unparalleled resourcefulness
- Analytical thinker who can work comfortably on data analysis in Excel
- Be someone who enjoys identifying, explaining, and solving problems
- Possess infinite patience and a desire to turn angry customers into happy ones
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why
- Be comfortable with consistent change - agility is key!
- Be someone who loves swimming in solutions versus problems -- You should be someone who spends less time worrying about the problem and more time focusing on how to solve it, no matter how big or small
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.