Passionate about making a difference in the world of data-driven precision medicine?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, digital imaging, and techniques for large-scale clinical data processing, we have powerful new weapons in the data-driven fight against cancer. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic and clinical data is used for evidence-based medicine.
On the Lens team at Tempus, we are building a data science platform to make it easier for researchers both inside and outside of Tempus to answer important questions in precision medicine using Tempus’ multi-modal clinical, imaging, and molecular data. Lens integrates our real-world data and advanced algorithms into a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service platform, turning hypothesis generation and testing into a closed-loop process that a single researcher can do in minutes, instead of an open-ended process that a research team works on for months or years.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable solution architect with extensive experience and interest in oncology, real-world data, or genomics. Top candidates will also have experience working with cloud computing technologies, working with prospects and customers in a pre-sales engagement, and implementing machine learning and/or statistical models.
What you’ll do
As a solution architect on the Lens team at Tempus, you’ll be on the front lines of our collaborations with external partners, helping guide customers through using the Lens platform to apply cutting-edge data science techniques to unique cancer datasets. You will be engaged with customers and prospects throughout their time working with Lens, including demonstrating the Lens platform, qualifying prospective use cases, and working with customers to pilot Lens’ data science and analytics use cases. Our solution architects should be comfortable on a whiteboard designing a pilot or in a board room with an Executive, providing trusted technical advice for our partners and clients.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, computer science, or related field, or 3+ years experience working with genomic and clinical data
- Experience working with statistical modeling, data mining and/or machine learning methods
- Proficiency in R or python and/or other programming languages
- Strong project management and pre-sales skills: understanding and qualifying customer requirements, supporting customers in making progress against a roadmap, aligning scientific results with business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatics pipelines
- Familiarity with the oncology pharmaceutical landscape
- Experience putting data science workflows into production
- Experience with software development and the AWS or GCP technical stack
- External outreach or education (consulting, giving talks, teaching, open source contributions)