Solution Consultant Senior - Digital Transformation
The Senior Solution Consultant (Digital Transformation) performs both a sales and technical role in support of sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” of the sale. Knowledge of BSS solutions, Cloud Architecture and SaaS solutions is important. In collaboration with sales, service, solution architecture, development, and product management, the Solution Consultant, Senior educates potential customers while comparing and contrasting the solutions available for purchase. This role leverages both business and technology knowledge in order to map technical benefits to the actual business requirements. The Solution Consultant, Senior possesses in-depth product and technical knowledge to lead sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations while assessing the potential application of company products to meet customer needs. Create detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of solutions for the customer. It is essential to have working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS and coding/Scripting languages such as C#, Python, Java, Angular JS, etc. so that this role can demonstrate how to build proof of concept solutions and give guidance to architects and developers in how to design and build solutions that form part of a SaaS offering.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the sales team and lead the technical aspects of the sale to include the development of such artifacts as: application description, system flow diagrams, input/outputs, connectivity, project schedule, reporting, and SLAs. Create NDAs, proposals, SOWs, MSAs, and Reseller agreements as requested. Alert the sales team to potential risk to deal closure and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Identify the customer requirements, design a product set or solution to meet those requirements, evangelize the proposed solution, and adjust the solution as necessary for the customer. Validate the product, service, and/or solution is relevant, the right fit, and complete for the particular customer.
- Develop and present technical architecture and product design solutions to the customer. Demonstrate the functional and technical aspects of the solution while educating the customer on the value-based benefit, scalability, story, ROI, and environment configuration of the solution. Ensure our customers/prospects understand the nature of our complicated products and services by translating our terminology into theirs.
- Meet or exceed assigned productivity and profitability quotas while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Pursue both new business and additional business development opportunities within target accounts with regard to product enhancements or initiatives. Lead the RFI/RFP process.
- Track economic and industry trends as well as competitive threats and understand its implications on customer business with both existing and new target accounts. Advise and educate colleagues on what may integrate with our product portfolio to provide a more comprehensive solution to match the business requirements.
Requires BS/BA/BE degree in business or related field with eight or more years experience in sales/pre-sales of software products and services
- Progressive pre-sales experience in CSG’s target markets
- Successful track record of developing new businesses and quota attainment in a pre-sales role supporting large to mid-sized enterprises
- Ability to identify, qualify, and prioritize prospects with demonstrated results while leveraging SME to gain credibility with key prospects
- Executive level presence with the maturity and strategic planning experience to lead mid to complex sales opportunities
- Ability to assess a situation and quickly formulate the correct solution
- Experience in Hybrid Cloud solutions including Public Cloud offerings for BSS solutions
- Experience in Transformation of BSS environments including Digital Transformation programs
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate complex sales deals
- Ability to liaise between the customer/prospect and the technical teams while translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Driven with the ability to achieve/exceed sales quotas
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment with an understanding of business and decision processes in different geographic regions
Must be able to travel internationally and/or domestically (dependent upon location of the role) up to and exceeding 50% of the time