Productive Edge, Chicago’s fastest-growing digital consultancy group is seeking a Solutions Architect. Our people are passionately authentic about their love for what they do, and how they do it. At Productive Edge, you will get to shape and create innovative technology to transform our Clients.
Our SA role is responsible for building customer relationships, uncovering opportunities, customer and executive communication, championing the Agile/Scrum-based delivery methodology, budgetary and schedule accountability, and more.
As a Solutions Architect at Productive Edge, you will be a member of a high-performing team delivering software solutions and business transformation results to clients. Your days will normally consist of the following activities:
- Work with the executive leadership of an organization to determine opportunities to automate processes that can deliver the highest cost savings while aligning with broader organization goals like delivering customer experience, enhancing employee experience and optimizing operations.
- Disrupting personality to take on and drive disrupting change.
- Understanding political landscape within an organization and prepare approaches to educate, evangelize and document high impact processes that can benefit from automation.
- Documenting and building operating model mapping with a focus on documenting As-Is and To-Be.
- Aligning Operating Model with customer experience initiatives.
- Experience in Healthcare and Wellness related processes and knowledge of repetitive human tasks as part of process automation will be highly valued.
- Comfortable articulating the benefits of automation and process improvement to people up and down the entire organization
- Creating and communicating business justification, ROI, and cost-benefit analysis
- Bringing people together towards a common cause
- Utilize experience with Agile software development paradigms to help drive projects
- Manage/coordinate multiple initiatives and development teams (including offshore)
- Participate in collaboration sessions with customers to formulate creative and practical solutions to their challenges
- Identify dependencies and remove impediments to ensure that deliverables are achieved on time and within budget
- Interface and effectively communicate with both business and technical resources, both on-site at the client and remotely
- As part of digital transformation initiatives of a company, focus on process improvement and automation. Understand and evaluate processes that can benefit from automation
- Develop, coach, and mentor team members on standards and best practices for Agile software delivery
To excel in these daily activities, a Solutions Architect at Productive Edge would make valuable contributions drawing from the following experience and skills:
- 4+ years in software delivery
- Experience delivering sophisticated, high-quality software solutions in a timely manner using Agile techniques
- Comfortable speaking with, presenting to and getting a commitment from the executive leadership of large Fortune 500 companies
- Development/technical knowledge and skills (Java, Spring, Microservices Architecture)
- Highly conversant in the business and technical focus area of their project, including the ability to whiteboard a business solution architecture
- Ability to provide “gut check” reviews of developer estimates/activities
- Ability to easily understand the business problem and viewed as the “go-to person” for anything the project sponsor needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a customer, business and technology stakeholders
- Experience with designing and implementing large software systems, and working with distributed
- teams to deliver them in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Experience in problem-solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process
- Ability to cast the project vision, assembling and motivating a team to achieve it
- Drive the creation of product and sprint backlogs, and manages their effective execution
- Develops, models, and mentors on standards
- Self Starter who works well independently with minimal oversight
- A natural leader who wants to grow their leadership and strategy skills
- A strong analytical and logical mind and relishes the opportunity to solve complex problems
- Deep and broad technical knowledge
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud-Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication set us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge, and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.