Solutions Engineer at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a Solutions Engineer who is sales and marketing savvy, has a confident presence, and loves working with prospects and customers in a fast-paced environment.
Our Solutions Engineers are the technical counterparts to our Account Executive team. Our ideal candidate has previous experience with SaaS based applications or social media management experience, is comfortable being customer facing and can work collaboratively with their peers.
You will have come from either a sales/pre-sales, professional services, or a digital marketing background as well as have a natural technical curiosity and can understand the sometimes complex changes and discussions around the network APIs. You should also possess the ability to take a complex topic and make it easily understood to your audience.
Our Sales and Success team works with over 25,000 brands worldwide including Tuft & Needle, Chicago Bulls, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2-3 years of tech/SaaS experience
- Experience demonstrating a software platform or delivering business focused presentations
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Understanding of social networks (in particular Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) and social media strategy for large organizations
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects and simultaneously support the Sales team
- Understanding of all components of a software sales process
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Solutions Engineering to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Shadow Solutions Engineers on calls and demos to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 month, you will…
- Regularly meet with your Account Executives to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities.
- Begin to conduct demos on your own with minimal oversight. You will consult with prospects and customers to identify their business goals and objectives and translate their needs into actionable next steps.
Within 6 month, you will…
- Be highly confident in demoing our platform and will apply the “Demonstration to Win” methodology for all of your demos.
- Fully grasp the various use cases for social media - brand awareness, customer care, lead generation, etc.
- Successfully position our solution against any number of competitors.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 month, you will…
- Be someone who is held in high regard by their peers and the Account Executives you support.
- Be a contributor to the broader Solutions Engineering team and help to create training materials for the Sales team and onboard new Solutions Engineers.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.