Specialist II Channel Planning at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The Channel Planning Specialist's responsibility is to lead the planning and execution of consumer-facing campaigns that leverage the full potential of the AUSA brick & mortar retail ecosystem. Specifically, they will be responsible for driving growth in consumer acquisition and retention through the various online and offline touch points that are available through better day to day integration with Division Marketing teams (Stop & Shop, Giant Carlisle, Giant Landover)
The person in this role will also be responsible for identifying future state omni-channel innovation opportunities (e.g. future store format with permanent omni-channel presence). On a day to day basis, this individual is responsible for project management and execution of key omni-channel initiatives, through strong, collaborative cross-functional partnerships that span across marketing, store retail operations, creative services, and technology teams.
By implementing omni-channel campaigns, using results to develop new initiatives and building momentum and support for omni-channel activities, this position plays a pivotal role in improving Peapod's order growth and total Ahold Delhaize competitive positioning.
In select markets where we have limited brick & mortar presence, this role will also be responsible for leading development and execution of Commercial strategies to meet Peapod sales goals in the region. They will also work cross-functionally to drive service model projects that improve the customer value proposition based on local market dynamics.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Supports and directly influences the Peapod's omni-channel strategic vision; works with the Directors of Acquisition and Retention & Loyalty in the development of the omni-channel goals and priorities
- Develops and directs cross-channel promotional programs based on an understanding of the drive business objectives. Collaborates with stakeholders to manage the planning and timely execution of campaigns
- Work with and effectively influence marketing channel leads to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and other key product initiatives
- Gain and leverage knowledge of local market opportunities and challenges, including competitive inroads. Develop strategies to drive sales including local PR, competitive defense and local market tactics
- Serve as advocate for local market customer, regularly monitoring customer metrics and developing recommendations to improve customer satisfaction
- Partner with Central Marketing Team to develop and drive Brand awareness and acquisition including above the line mass media campaigns as required
- Partner with local Merchandising and Operations teams to ensure customer needs and local opportunities are met
- Understands and delivers on the omni-channel experience goals of the company
- Leads specific marketing campaigns for omni-channel priorities including developing marketing briefs & by channel activation plans as well as managing agencies, creative teams and other cross-functional teams needed to deliver these programs
- Oversees the content and design aspects for omni-channel campaigns, maintaining consistency with existing Brand Guidelines for Peapod and the Divisions
- Develops effective campaign briefs to direct the activation of marketing campaigns including detailed channel planning based on shopper insights, segmentation analysis; ultimately efforts serve to maximize engagement and conversion
- Drives the execution of marketing plans from inception to completion, working closely with AUSA marketing teams and external teams to deliver.
- Communicates the plan deliverables and deadlines to key stakeholders, including all affected channels.
- Ensures timely and effective implementation
- Understand and report on key performance metrics across individual omni-channel campaigns; capture insights and develop best practices documentation over time
- Communicates insights and learnings to business stakeholders and incorporates findings into future efforts
- Pro-actively identifies, develops and implements opportunities to improve and enhance campaigns and/or processes
- Responsible for setting-up meetings and creating meeting summaries with action items, tracking and ensuring all project deliverables are executed on time and on budget
- Ensures that plans and offers comply with legal guidelines as well as internal policies
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in digital, e-commerce, retail, project management OR consulting preferred.
- Prior experience with leading omni-channel retail brands preferred, but not required
- Considers themselves an 'early adopter' of digital trends and has a passion for digital projects.
- Knowledge of Omni-Channel components such as E-commerce, in-store POS, digital marketing campaigns, mass media, email etc.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and the ability to work with data efficiently and effectively
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture relationships with a range of people spanning from senior leadership, to creative and technical teams
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with un-prompted follow-through
- Solid written, oral, and presentation-based communications skills
- Strong project management skills with a keen eye for design (aesthetically and user-friendly speaking)
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Able to identify critical versus non-critical action items, have a clear understanding of success factors and stay abreast of project milestones.
- Able to champion the needs of the customer and business stakeholders throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and business objectives.
- Able to manage requirements documentation, campaign briefs and creative requests. Ability to understand user experience and shopper journey
- Must be highly adept at working with a cross functional team comprising of members across online, Store Operations, Creative Services, Merchandising, OPD
- Comfortable with managing multiple, concurrent projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- A strong ability to communicate project status and large amounts of data and disparate pieces of information in a clear and concise manner
- Extrapolate trends and help craft recommendations informed by consumer insights, key performance indicators, and industry knowledge.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.