Specialist, Inside Sales at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Inside Sales Customer Care Professional is responsible for developing sales of Natural, Organic, Specialty, and Fresh products in Independent retailers located in the midwestern states: Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. This position is responsible for growing business revenues for an assigned set of customer accounts and delivering first class service to all internal and external customers. The Inside Sales Professional will follow-up on leads and generate new sales, while maintaining a high-level of product knowledge and integrity.
- Procuring new opportunities and maintaining order frequency through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails
- Being knowledgeable of accounts to identify and understand customer needs and requirements
- Enhancing sale numbers by cross-selling and upselling products based on customers' needs
- Taking and entering orders, confirming purchases, and handling other aspects of customer service as needed
- Closing sales and ensuring a trouble-free sales process
- Maintaining a high level of customer service and quality
- Sell a productive portfolio to ensure our customers have an optimal product mix.
- Facilitate conversations around promotional programs and capture extra performance dollars for the account to include additional promos, demos, ads, and other vehicles to drive base business.
- Identify and open new accounts and expand existing accounts.
- Educate customers and provide access to new items and build relevant and timely programs
- Identify, research, and contact customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum one to three years of Inside Sales experience required
- Minimum two years of Customer Service experience required
- Basic data entry/10-key skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Lives in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio or Wisconsin
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- Aptitude for sales is essential
- Excellent customer service, presentation, and active listening skills.
- Must have proactive outreach and self-motivation
- Excellent grammar, verbal and writing skills are required
- Ability to understand market trends and historical data
- Must have high analytical abilities, be resourceful and well-organized.
- Comfortable performing multi-faceted tasks and projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible with both internal and external customers.
- Establish and build business relationships and credibility.
- Be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Functions well in a team setting.
- Ability to make solid business decisions and champion solutions as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry 20 pounds, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, climb and walk. Must be able to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to both a typical office / store environment and all outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environments is low to high.