Sr. Account Executive at relayr
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Our talented sales team is committed to helping customers achieve their business outcomes. We strive to understand our customers' needs and offer them the best solutions. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our fast growing sales team, to be based in the Greater Chicagoland area.
Work with named or large key accounts to provide product solutions, develop new business, ensure tangible business outcomes and maintain positive ongoing relationships. Work with internal relayr marketing team to target specific accounts and propose specific solutions for a given account. Responsible for the overall sales strategies, generating results from the client. Plan and direct all sales activities and selling resources. Effectively interface at many levels with senior managers on C-Level.
Job Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Driving Business Relevance / Customer Value Selling.
- Driving Sales Growth – Focusing on accounts to drive sales attainment numbers.
- Accurately forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual revenue streams; driving profitable growth.
- Analyzing your customer’s financials and business models to understand their pain points.
- Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with cross-functional teams and strategically engaging cross-functional resources to achieve sales goals.
- Building Winning Capability within relayr – Focusing on collaboratively contributing to the long term success of relayr through the sharing of best practices.
- Actively promote relayr’s suite of solutions, products and services to prospects, customers, and partners.
- Engage proactively in cross-selling and up-selling sales activities to drive the adoption of relayr technology.
- Consistently update forecast and opportunity details within Salesforce.com to ensure accurate weekly forecasts.
- A persistent, self-starter with a track record of successful, credible follow-up and unsolicited calling to multiple executive levels within an organization
- Effectively dialog with C level executives as a main part of your job in creating a quality pipeline and in turn business relationships and new business generation
- A personal desire to work in a start-up culture
- Proven successful sales experience, preferably in IT or a similar industry
- Understanding the transformational, disruption and innovation dialog to ensure effective positioning of the relayr solution
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- Time and territory management
- Experience and success working within a revenue quota and commission structure
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools
- A good understanding of the cloud and IoT market and experience in discussing technology with customers would be a plus
- Sales training – Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Experience with Account Based Targeting/Marketing would be very helpful
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Flexible working environment, virtual and/or our new office in The Loop (311 S Wacker).
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- Competitive salary and a learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, a focus on growth
- Knowledge sharing from the best entrepreneurs in the industry
- Easy integration into a highly professional and passionate team
- Office Locations in Munich, Berlin, Katowice, Chicago and Account Executives across remote offices
- A chance to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!