Sr. Business Development Manager, Strategic Partnerships
About the Company
At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations must build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems.
We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies build a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best brands do business.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, competitive and creative B2B sales executive who knows how to prospect, build relationships, and drive execution in the advertising, consulting, and media space. This is a unique opportunity where you can create your own future with a fast growing and innovative company.
The Sr. BDM Strategic Partnerships will be a member of the Civis BD team and will be responsible for accelerating the company’s growth via partnership opportunities with consulting firms, media, and advertising agencies. This person will have primary responsibility for driving revenue-generating activities with current strategic partners as well as expanding Civis’ partner eco-system to leverage and generate additional awareness and adoption for Civis’ marketing, advertising, and consumer analytics products and solutions. This opportunity is for an experienced business development professional to structure relationships that generate significant direct and indirect revenue while building Civis’ brand.
- Develop relationships with Senior Principals and account teams within Consulting, Media, and Advertising firms to drive partnering opportunities
- Identify, structure, and negotiate individual pitch opportunities and work with partner and Civis account/solution teams to qualify and scope innovative solutions
- Identify and develop new market segments, applications and use-cases that leverage Civis’ products and solutions and work with product teams to drive go to market development and repeatability
- Drive joint sales opportunities to achieve quota
- Someone who can both define strategy and drive execution of new business initiatives while comfortable with ambiguity
- 7+ years in business development or senior level account management
- 3+ years in consulting, advertising, or media sales/account management with experience and/or familiarity with consumer analytics and enterprise software and services
- A track record of managing complex, revenue generating relationships with the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- A data geek’s love for metrics, and experience in creating useful reporting
- Autonomous and self-driven
- Attention to details with high quality standards
- Proven cross-functional leader and motivator
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment
- Quick learner who picks up new technologies with ease
- Willingness to travel domestically