Strategic Account Executive at Sertifi
The Strategic Account Executive (SAE) is responsible for managing existing chain and strategic accounts and prospecting for new chain and strategic accounts. The SAE will to meet sales goals by developing new relationships and enhancing existing customer relationships. Maintains thorough working knowledge of our products and solutions to appropriately present to broad prospect and customer base.
The SAE will partner with a Business Development Representative to further penetrate a defined territory, vertical and/or list of of assigned accounts, and to identify revenue-generating opportunities as well as ensure customer satisfaction. This position will be seen as their assigned customers “main point of contact” and is expected to know the day to day happenings within the account. The SAE will be responsible for closing opportunities and facilitating proposals and sales orders in conjunction with the finance team if required. It is important that the SAE has strong internal relationships throughout the Sertifi organization.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice. As it is deemed safe to return to the office, we will consider a hybrid approach to WFH and In-Office work.
Who you will report to
This position reports to our Vice President, Enterprise and Strategic Accounts
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Manage existing strategic accounts with an assigned quota, hospitality focus with experience in the events, venues and restaurants verticals
- Prospect for new strategic accounts within the hospitality industry
- Converting new and existing customer to Sertifi’s Payment Solutions (ACH, Payments and Processing)
- Deliver impactful product demonstrations, draft proposals, drive new revenue by closing new business and upgrade existing accounts
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline to meet individual annual sales quota and MRR goals
- Create new opportunities via prospecting, following up on assigned leads as well as incoming requests from customer/other departments for sales opportunities
- Work closely with designated Business Development Representative on target accounts
- Collaborate with Customer Success team post-sale to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Actively manage Salesforce.com database with all sales-related activity
- Build and maintain rapport with customers and prospects to form strong, long-term business relationships built on trust and managing client-related escalated issues
- Become an expert in industry dynamics, emerging opportunities and competitive trends
- Attend interactive weekly meetings with sales team to discuss pipeline and brainstorm new ideas for growth
- Travel to target accounts and tradeshows to interact with customers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or or proven record of success in the hospitality business with a focus on strategic/management/restaurant company sales
- 3-5 years of consultative software sales experience and/or equivalent experience working with chain/enterprise accounts, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Proven track record of high performance and exceeding annual quota
- Strong relationships at Strategic/Management Company levels within the hospitality industry
- Strategic and Large Account Management Planning experience required
- Understanding of credit card gateways, eCommerce payments and processing
- Ability to analyze credit card statements, calculate existing blended rates and deliver return on investment analysis to both new and existing customers
- Solution selling experience preferred, with strong leadership skills
- Ability to conduct sales presentations with emphasis on showing value and return on investment
- Prior experience selling to enterprise clients, including C-level, Finance, and Operations professionals
- The successful candidate must have strong sales and customer service skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiating and closing skills
- Able to take initiative and work well independently or as part of a team
- Comfortable prospecting for both new and existing business
- Experience demoing and presenting software technology at a strategic level
- Strong technical skills, including Salesforce.com, GoToMeeting and Office 365
- High energy, self-motivated, and ambitious personality
- Represent Sertifi in a positive and professional way in all interactions
- The ability to build professional trust and respect.
- Proven record of sound judgment.
- The ability to balance client needs with business demands and development
- Preferred qualifications include knowledge of Sertifi applications and services.
- The ability to work across departmental lines, and to establish clear and common objectives, is critical.
- The ability to assess client needs and articulate attainable solutions is essential
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and integrity
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What’s in it for you:
Collaborative work environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team.
Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, life insurance and other benefits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, use computer, phone, cell phone and other office/home office equipment/technology.
Must be able speak, see, and hear.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of the time.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.