Talent Development Associate at mHUB
Talent Development Associate
mHUB seeks a full-time Talent Development Associate to lead and actively engage with outside membership development for mHUB Product Development (PD) services. mHUB PD connects engineering and design talent with local manufacturers to collaborate on and accelerate product innovation. The program provides entrepreneurs and innovators the ability to instill their expertise in industry leaders and extend their startups’ runways. In the last 2 years, this program has provided $1.6M+ in additional revenue for mHUB’s community of engineering and design talent. In addition, this role will develop strategies to foster experiential learning opportunities with regional universities’ STEM talent.
The ideal candidate will be curious, passionate and energized to bring in highly skilled talent and expertise to foster innovation and new technologies through mHUB PD. The Talent Development Associate will assist a fast-growing organization in building the mHUB PD talent pool to support regional manufacturing R&D and the brand of mHUB.
Description of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Talent Development Associate consist of the following:
Talent Engagement & Outreach:
- Build an understanding of the challenges facing physical product entrepreneurs and startups to present, promote, and engage in mHUB PD Talent.
- Compile and maintain high-level sales pipelines with universities, NGOs, professional organizations, incubators, etc.
- Actively engage with community organizations, targeting diverse communities and innovators
- Generate leads through prospecting, events, and cold calling, through video conferencing tools and in-person
- Regularly solicit feedback from mHUB PD talent to further inform mHUB PD growth and value strategy
Marketing & Events Management:
- Attend onsite/virtual meetups, programming, and networking events.
- Work closely with the marketing department to create and manage advertisements and lead generation campaigns. Maintain alignment with mHUB’s overall strategy, mission, and core values.
- Increase mHUB’s presence and brand awareness within the community-at-large
Reporting & Cross-Function Relations:
- Effectively track, analyze, and provide status reports on potential leads; ability to utilize our CRM to achieve agreed-upon targets and outcomes
- Maintain realistic and SMART forecasts, while driving continuous improvement around the talent and skillsets necessary for mHUB PD projects
- Support mHUB PD team in the management of talent, skillsets, members enrolled in mHUB PD to ensure a competitive edge and project staffing
- Stay ahead of manufacturing and industry trends
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree is a plus
- 1-3 years of work experience in selling consulting, product development services, or technical recruiting
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently is a plus, willingness and ability to spend evenings and weekends at community, membership, and PD events required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative, and professionalism
- Access to a personal vehicle a plus; willingness to travel when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has an impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launchpad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
- Respect and Value Diversity - We agree to value the rights of all individuals to mutual respect. The diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of the organization.
Salary and Duration
Salary range for this position will be $50-$60k with a competitive benefits package.
To apply submit the following items:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references with contact information
Applications can be submitted by email to [email protected]
Position Open Immediately.