Technical Account Manager at Braze (Chicago, IL)
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will serve as a partner for the Customer Success Team owning the ongoing technical relationship throughout the customer lifecycle. This role will serve as a trusted technical advisor responsible for defining the Braze technology strategy for our clients and helping them achieve strong technical use of the Braze platform.
Your focus will be to drive adoption on campaign and reporting deployments of Braze’s product and act as the technical counterpoint between Braze and the clients’ product and engineering team. You’ll work to partner and serve as the Technical Subject Matter Expert to support the Customer Success Organization. You will help coordinate post-implementation technical collaboration with Integration and Technical Support for customer issue troubleshooting. You’ll be responsible for rapidly understanding each customer success engineering request from a product SME, business, and technical requirements to drive adoption and ultimately contribute to retention and expansion in the customer lifecycle.
You’ll partner and work off a Technical Account Management project-based queue and named accounts specific to our enterprise servicing tier of customers that have enterprise organizational structures and architectures -- with the objective of enabling Braze adoption, partnering, and empowering long-term value alongside Customer Success Managers.
This is an opportunity to bring your experience as a product and implementation expert, business analyst, technical support solutions, and customer success professional along with a high level of product and technical competence, delivering onsite engagements and training towards adoption.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You’ll be responsible for client success, partnering with the Customer Success Team, to own the technical relationship for assigned accounts and help drive technical adoption, accelerated technical value, and continued technical maturity of the Braze platform for these customers.
- Help customers successfully instrument Braze across their stack and refine that instrumentation over time as the use of Braze matures and becomes even more impactful for those customers
- Facilitate and support product functionality inquiries, recommend solutions, and technical aspects of customer ongoing lifecycle to contribute to renewals and upsell opportunities • Support and advocate day-to-day inquiries and requests to support efficiency and value in the use of Braze in the ongoing customer lifecycle
- Empower customer product and engineering teams to use our product as independently and efficiently as possible.
- Communicate with customers and internal teams to explain products and adoption deployment schedules
- Document technical requirements, create content, estimate schedules, and timelines, goals/metrics, and customer objective key results and outcomes
- Conduct validation for product use-cases and technical feasibility for product launch
- Serve the Customer Success Organization by tackling day-to-day technical solution needs and responsiveness for functional product and technical use cases partnering with CSMs
- 3-5 years client-facing experience as a TAM or in a related area such as Implementation, Technical Support, and/or Customer Success, for a technical product offering serving Enterprise/Strategic accounts
- 3+ year technical experience in managing complex customer environments with strong product command and technical knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, API's or Programming
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal skills), with demonstrable customer communication and coordination efforts, and the ability to take complex technical ideas and translate them to non-technical stakeholders
- You are a natural problem solver, with a high level of intellectual curiosity, and love working amongst a team to solve those problems.
- You are able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, and collaborative environment
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $110,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $100,000 and $130,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.