Transaction Management Sales Specialist at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and can make a direct impact on the future of the company.
Transaction Management: Transaction Management is the new buzz word in the Legal Tech world. Litera have created a product that helps lawyers automate some of the arduous tasks involved with managing a transaction. We are globally changing the landscape of how lawyers collaborate; these are exciting times!
The Opportunity: We are creating a new role - Transaction Management Sales Specialist (TM Sales Specialist) who is responsible for the strategic selling of Litera's Transaction Management product. This is a high impact position that contributes to Litera's overall growth by delivering net new sales results within a defined territory through influence, relationship-building, and value-based selling. A TM Sales Specialist at Litera will work with other Litera team members and Sales colleagues to build significant net new pipeline and efficiently close opportunities to support the achievement of the TM 2021 target. TM Sales Specialists are expected to manage the deal process, from opportunity creation through to close, ensuring to have a deep understanding of their target accounts to provide exceptionally accurate forecasting.
A Day in the Life:
- Wake up thinking strategically about how to help close deals quickly and get new high value labels, excited about our value.
- Build key relationships and use these relationships to help with referrals to create more opportunity.
- Earn credibility as a trusted advisor for key contacts, whether it is IT or a senior Partner - within each firm you speak with.
- Feedback to your energetic and passionate teammates about key information you have learnt from our clients, that could have commercial impact.
- Actively listen, understand customer objectives, and articulate relevant technology and business trends and benefits.
- Represent Litera at events to influence sales opportunities.
- Partner with marketing to creatively drive lead generation.
- Work cross-functionally to develop a territory plan and sales initiatives to build pipeline.
- As an SME you live and breathe Transaction Management, finding innovative ways to engage with your clients intelligently.
- You cancel your Time/People/Sports Illustrated subscription and start subscribing to the IFR, Merger Market, LMA trade press.
- You get enormous satisfaction from spotting names of partners that you will then engage and connect with.
Within 1 Month, You Will:
- Complete new hire onboarding including eLearning courses, instructor led training, role specific mentorship and more.
- Begin outreach to build and cultivate customer relationships with Managing Partners, Partners, Heads of Innovation, Knowledge Managers and junior legal teams – no role left unturned.
- Effectively manage all steps in the sales process and track progress in CRM system.
- Learn best practices, processes, and business tools used including Salesforce and Microsoft Outlook.
Within 3 Months, You Will:
- Be executing on a strategic territory growth plan, built in collaboration with your manager and your Account Exec colleagues.
- Feel incredibly confident to create and deliver presentations, proposals, and product demonstrations with support from other team members (when needed).
- Know how to effectively prospect to create new revenue opportunities.
- Be well-versed in how to coordinate with internal teams including Sales, Marketing, Transaction Advisors to support selling activities.
Within 6 Months, You Will:
- Complete sales activities with a high degree of independence and seek direction from management as required for complex issues.
- Confidently and accurately forecast bookings.
- Work new sales opportunities from beginning to end, resulting in new business.
- Actively create innovative and successful outreach approaches.
- Participate in bi-annual performance review process.
- You have a deep understanding of how to communicate to lawyers and have the confidence to create a plan with them to help them succeed.
- An exceptional individual with passion for bringing value to our clients through our TM solutions.
- You are a hunter who enjoys building pipeline (creating opportunities) just as much as closing deals.
- You love networking and use your high EQ to connect and collaborate with the right senior stakeholders to delivery projects.
- You thrive on open transparency, communication, and collaboration internally and externally.
- A great team player, your ultimate motivation is our combined success.
- You have a strong desire to learn new technologies and show passion for innovation when speaking with our clients.
- You are eloquent and listen well to our clients' needs while guiding their understanding of the incredible value Litera Transact can provide their business, with credibility.
- You easily communicate at C suite or Senior Partner level and with more junior stakeholders.
- You are keen on organization, getting things done, and routinely meet metric-based and quota goals, and have a passion for forecasting accurately.
- Comfortable with a quickly changing environment.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with our upper management team.
- Work with a team that has a proven track record year after year.
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills.
- Regular social & philanthropic events.
- Access to personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system.
- Great health benefits, PTO and holiday policies, & more!