Travel Sales Manager, Getaways
Are you passionate about the travel industry? Are you interested in leading a sales team in a fast-paced, forward thinking environment?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Getaways team at Groupon focuses on one of the most dynamic industries there is - travel. But we're not your typical travel platform. We work to create packages that delight both hoteliers and Groupon subscribers alike. We focus on relationships big and small, working with large hotel chains to boutique Bed & Breakfasts, crafting every deal by listening to the needs of the business. Our obsession is putting together offerings that will delight our customers and help them make life less boring.
As a Travel Sales Manager, you will lead and develop our teams selling into the West Coast and Caribbean, Mexico, Latin American (CMLA) markets. The manager will drive their team to maintain high productivity levels, achieve sales targets and continue to grow the organization. This Manager will ensure sales targets are met by developing and improving sales processes and tools, and working closely with Internal Teams to continuously improve the Getaways offering. Emphasis is on both new and existing business and formation of long-term partnerships.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Develop, motivate, lead and retain a team of primarily inside sales professionals to meet and exceed short term and long term sales goals
- Drive clear communications on expectations, remove any roadblocks and hold sales team accountable for results
- Collaborate with revenue management and merchandising teams to ensure optimal deal structure and economics for each market
- Provide data-driven feedback from hotel partners and sales team to optimize business strategy and influence product development decisions
- Drive results from sales reps to ensure reps are exceeding goals
- Prioritize and allocate resources to ensure adequate support for sales reps
- Monitor and align rep activities on sales volume, deal quality and pipeline
- Train sales reps on merchant business categories and travel sectors, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue and profit drivers
- Train sales reps on proven deal structures and strategies to maximize consumer, merchant and Groupon yield that are proven models for successful achievement of merchant’s desired outcomes
- Work with Planning team to design city/regional sales strategy as it relates to new consumer acquisition, yield management, and/or consumer loyalty. Ensures sales rep understanding of the cities city location dynamics, consumer demographics, merchant visibility and accessibility
- Lead sales team to drive knowledge-development, company-wide best practice-sharing, and influence product development parameters and decisions
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in carrying out his or her job duties
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 2+ years of Travel / Hospitality Sales Management experience preferred but not required
- Bachelors degree required
- Comfort in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- Analytical and able to make data-driven decisions
- Documented over-achievement of sales goals / targets
- Minimum of 2 years conceptual or consultative selling experience
- Comfort driving and guiding sales reps through challenging sales situations
- Fearless enthusiasm for sales and ability to drive results
- Comfort holding people accountable to drive desired outcomes
- Experience in leading others to meet and exceed measurable sales and revenue goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - Able to multi task, prioritize and coordinate resources
- Demonstrated levels of dedication and ownership required to succeed at start-up speed
- Ability to coordinate effectively across multiple functional areas with competing priorities and deadlines
- Hands-on ability to drive sales by role modeling skills and competencies to a diverse group with varying experience
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.