Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
What we expect from you
As a Value Creation Executive reporting directly to the Global Director of Value Creation & Advisory, you will be responsible for leading consulting engagements and developing business strategies for digital transformation of strategic accounts, working closely with their C-Level. In this function, you will be an active member of the deal team developing business strategies for digital transformation of strategic accounts, interfacing with customer executives, and creating supporting analyses and collateral. In this function, you will be an active member of the deal team developing business strategies to deliver more transformative deals that create greater value to the customer, developing and executing go-to-market strategies to deliver on the identified value, and help solve internal business problems in support of rapidly scaling our business.
The role requires proven skills in consulting and business modelling, preferably through digital transformation initiatives, a working knowledge of operations in the industrial sector, the ability to challenge the status quo with C-level management, being able to create strategic engagement frameworks, and a demonstrated ability to drive long term business results. You will be a key leader working with the relayr Account Executive and Sales Engineering teams focused on industrial mid-market customers. This is a hybrid role of strategic business plan creation, business development and leading consulting engagements.
The successful candidate will establish him/herself as a trusted advisor to customers, partners, and various stakeholders within relayr, while supporting relayr's sales team to ensure sales targets are met and exceeded. Based in Chicago, IL and willing to travel frequently (25-50%), once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
In this role you will:
- Effectively engage in Consultative Selling while working with cross-functional relayr and non-relayr teams to strategically engage resources to both create Strategic Business Plans and drive business relevance & customer value with IIoT.
- Focus on collaboratively working with relayr’s Strategic Account Management team in the industrial market to ensure long-term success of relayr’s customers.
- Develop business models and new revenue strategies for industrial customers; especially for CAPEX to OPEX transformation and revenue share models for large complex deals that often include insurance and financing components.
- Actively promote relayr’s suite of solutions, products and services to prospects, customers and partners while engaging proactively in cross-selling and up-selling activities.
- Bring in real-world expertise from the Industrial and Manufacturing world to complement the strategic sales skills of relayr's Account Executives, and comfortability with industrial clients.
- Interface at many levels with senior managers to C-Level to guide them on the business transformation and influence them on the relayr value proposition
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of total experience, with a combination of management consulting/corporate strategy, Industrial IoT, and manufacturing/operations industrial sector experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a business-related discipline
- Strategic thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy
- Strong competence and experience in Excel-based financial business modelling for (digital) business transformation. Strong command of necessary tools (i.e. business model canvas, consulting-style structured problem solving, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience implementing of consulting engagements and driving towards long-term business results
- Experience developing and facilitating workshops with senior stakeholders managing multiple agendas and personalities
- A personal desire to work in an entrepreneurial small-company culture, and ability to play multiple roles from strategic planning to leading customer workshop execution
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish immediately the necessary credibility through all levels of the organization to influence and coach other leaders and be accepted as a trusted advisor
- Exceptional customer-facing skills and presentation skills to C-Level management
- Ideally: MBA from a top-tier Business School / Operational experience in the industrial or manufacturing sector / Experience in management consulting firms
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Beautiful office located in downtown Chicago with a great view over the city
- Work life balance including a flexible work from home policy, vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending account, and commuter benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- We fully support your move to Chicago by providing professionally managed relocation assistance through our global mobility partner. To help you feel comfortable with your move, relayr offers a variety of services to make your move as easy as possible and help you settle in!
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
Read Full Job Description