Vendor Account Manager
Can an Operations professional grow communities by helping merchants thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon Goods, the retail arm of our business, is a daily one-stop shop for brand-name essentials and unexpected, one-of-a-kind finds. For our merchants, this means massive exposure, smart promotion, and reliable fulfillment. For our customers, this means great deals on a variety of products ranging from electronics to clothing, home goods to beauty.
We are a retail-savvy team whose goal is to procure and provide customers with the products they want, when they want them. As a Vendor Account Manager you are at the front-line of delivering exceptional services to our base of vendor partners. You are responsible for providing amazing service to our vendor partners, assisting them with their Groupon Goods feature, providing guidance and coordination in shipping logistics, and fostering strong, long-term relationships. This role interacts across multiple departments and functions.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will handle a portfolio of vendors to ensure success
- You will lead monthly vendor review meetings with the broader operations team to improve quality of overall portfolio and mitigate below-target performance
- Build deep partnerships with other leaders in the logistics organization, from shipping and transportation to warehousing operations
- Consult vendors on Groupon’s shipping portal and driving compliance with confirmed shipments
- Drive vendor loyalty and retention through awesome service levels
- Liaise with multiple department in driving cross-functional and cross-organizational changes
- Execute post-sale vendor communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on vendor deliverables
- Ensure any vendor partner issues are resolved in a timely manner
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bonus points awarded for Salesforce or other CRM experience
- We would love if you have familiarity with SQL and Tableau
- You're comfortable when things most fast and have a deep understanding of the pace of a startup environment
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and meet deadlines
- You're happy to work independently, take initiative, and remain flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Comfortable with G Suite and MS Office, with Excel being your secret favorite
- Communication comes natural for you and you're able to interact with teammates from all levels of an organization with ease
- You're committed to doing things better every day
- Able to present to a panel of leaders – especially as an advocate for a particular plan or course of action
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.