VP, Health System Sales
At VillageMD, we have committed to helping patients achieve greater health by redefining primary care in the community, in the neighborhood, and the home. Founded in 2013, we have forged a track record of rapid expansion and execution reinforced by our current network of more than 2,600 physicians in 8 markets across 7 states. VillageMD enables providers with data, resources, and clinical decision support driving a better model of clinical care for patients. Our model delivers some of the best clinical and financial results in the country, with our doctors’ patients going to the hospital 20-40% less than average. This support was enhanced with our launch of DocOS, a proprietary operating system that breaks down information silos across the care continuum. Our execution is driven by a diverse and cross-functional team that gets stuff done, builds trust and innovates every day. To that end, we were thrilled to recently announce that one of our co-founders, Dr. Clive Fields, was named American Academy of Family Physicians, Physician Executive of the Year in 2018.
As an integral leader on the VillageMD business development team, you will spearhead efforts to develop relationships with health systems in new and existing markets. You will develop an overall sales strategy and leverage your expertise to successfully manage the sales cycle with prospective health system partners. Ideally, you will leverage an existing network to develop and manage sustainable, strategic relationships with health system boards and healthcare executives.
What are some key responsibilities you will have at VillageMD?
- Developing the overall channel strategy for VillageMD’s growth through successful partnerships with health systems
- Identifying and targeting new health system partners, developing a system-specific sales strategy, and managing an ongoing relationship through completion of the sales cycle
- Conducting targeted outreach, both in-person and telephonically, to identify decision makers and qualify opportunities
- Conducting sales meetings and presentations with health system executives and physician leaders
- Continuously following-up with interested prospects and managing opportunities to close
- Tracking all sales activities through regular pipeline reporting and prospect monitoring
- Partnering with Marketing to generate additional leads and sharing new ideas across markets to shorten sales cycle and accelerate growth
- Work with the current sales teams in existing markets to optimize breath and scope of physician partners in a given market
- Successful transition of relationships to operations team members
- Supporting provider implementation with operations
What will make you successful here?
- Demonstrating a consistent track record of relationship-building and project management
- Ability to balance vision with a hands-on approach and make things happen independently, as well as with and through others
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all indicators for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture
- Proven consultative approach with prior experience in conceptual selling and sales management, while managing a complex sales cycle at multiple levels within a health system
What you might do in your first year:
- You will integrate with operational teams to ensure a successful provider onboarding experience and continue to monitor ongoing physician partnerships including engagement and success
- Identify new markets and new potential channel partners
- Develop and handle relationships with key stakeholders at health systems from initiation to close
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of fifteen years of sales experience required; healthcare sales or physician recruitment experience preferred
- Experience managing health system sales cycles and managing complex relationships with hospital system boards and executives
- Familiarity with healthcare economics including knowledge of impact to physician practice and managed care environments
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish trusting relationships with executives, providers and their staff
- Proven experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Superior relationship development and management skills
- Proven ability to qualify and follow-up on leads from various sources
- Ability to travel extensively, both regionally and nationally
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.