VP, Strategic Sales Operations
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
The Director, Strategic Operations will be responsible for optimizing the effectiveness of the Sales organization through the development, implementation and maintenance of a range of sales operations functions. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, as well as recruiting and selection of sales force talent. This position will foster close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success.
• Develop and manage integrated sales cadence and forecasting process for sales organization.
• Evaluate current KPI's and establish revised set of KPI's to measure the performance of our business, ensure/enable ability to generate data for these KPI's, provide reporting on such KPI's in a way that we have an accurate view of our business performance. KPI's should produce actionable output to drive improved performance. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these KPI’s. Manage action list to completion.
• Work with sales organization to ensure integrated and synergistic execution between direct sales and channel sales. Establish rules of engagement, deal registration, and resolve conflicts between GTM organizations as "neutral" decision point.
• Develop and manage Sales Compensation Plans with input from sales leadership, align with finance organization. Works closely with Accounting, Finance and Human Resources to establish guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Track commissions against budgets and working with first and 2nd line managers ensure compensation aligns with performance and contributions. Chair a "Sales Compensation Board" which will meet monthly to review any anomalous commission situations (over-payment, underpayment, channel conflict).
• Perform due diligence and integration on behalf of the sales organization pre and post M&A. Develop and execute comprehensive integration plan to onboard and ramp acquired sales talent into the organization.
• Works closely sales leadership to establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
• Lead the global sales operations team. Ensure full integration of M&A operations functions.
• Oversees development and enhancements to sales enablement framework. Ensures alignment with sales methodology and the core skills needed across roles to improve sales productivity and customer engagement.
• Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement in regards to process, tools and technology. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs & system enchantments throughout the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
• Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these priorities. Oversees the delivery training to sales, sales management, and sales support staff. Ensure training curriculum is relevant on product offering and speed to ramp up to productivity.
• Oversee competitive analysis to ensure clear and concise understanding of strengths and weaknesses of the competitors and develop strategies that will provide a distinct advantage.
• Coordinate activities including GTM leadership team processes (staff meetings, QBR's)
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or sales related field; MBA or equivalent preferred.
• 8 – 10 years' experience working with software sales teams to build strategy, management, execution based programs
• Strong understanding of sales process design and related outcomes
• Experience in sales training and developing sales leadership
• Experience optimizing leading sales tools, including Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
• Demonstrated strategic planning skills, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams, to create impact
• Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter
• Proven success as mentor/coach to sales professionals
• Critical thinking and change management within dynamic organizations skills
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.