Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
Within Camelot Illinois, the Financial Controller’s Team is responsible for the financial accounting, reporting and controlling activities in line with best practices.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller and is an essential part of a team that ensures the continual development of financial processes used within the finance function and upholding the integrity of financial information through application of relevant accounting standards.
Additionally, the Senior Accountant will support maintaining financial records and compiling financial information to ensure timely and accurate month end close procedures, with efficient and effective controls over financial accounting and reporting.
As a product focused organization we need ongoing, highly accurate accounting information, ensuring financial viability and profitability for our existing product streams and opportunities in emerging Illinois markets. In addition, the role will contain the following deliverables:
- Facilitate financial close procedures including preparing general journal entries, account reconciliations and maintenance of accurate accruals.
- Assist in the management of the general ledger.
- Facilitate the preparation of internal financial statements and analysis.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures required to maintain reporting requirements.
- Assist with fixed asset accounting.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with intercompany transactions.
- Assisting in development of internal controls.
- Facilitate and assist in the completion of internal and external audits.
- Work with Netsuite and be a knowledgeable resource on financial systems.
- Capable of creating new and improving existing financial processes.
- Strong commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Perform other related duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience.
- Experience in the monthly and year end close process.
- Big 4 or similar public accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant - CPA.
- Passion for working in a customer facing environment and a proven background in delivering highly valuable insights.
- Previous experience working and managing stakeholder expectations and deliverables.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Capable of completing intricate tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven business partnering skills.
- Experience with Netsuite would be beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and the Google Suite of products.
- Experience with advanced Excel modeling.
WHY WORK FOR US ?
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.