Senior Operations Analyst
The Role: We’re seeking a Senior Operations Analyst to join its investment operations team. This role will provide the highest quality operational service support for our Morningstar Managed Portfolios (MMP) program. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Manage and process daily operations queues utilizing custodian and internal systems.
• Respond to RIA broker/dealer service inquiries including account setup, maintenance, and fee questions.
• Call and email advisors with follow-up questions and problem resolution plans to ensure timely response to financial and non-financial items.
• Partner closely with MMP’s client support team to ensure items are responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
• Maintain exemplary working relationships with the custodians, home offices, and advisors that we partner with.
• Provide operational support to other areas within Investment Management and support the seamless operation of our MMP.
• Complete special projects as needed.
• Contributes to continuous process improvement efforts and looks for smarter and better ways to serve clients.
• Contributes to ongoing training sessions, stretch projects, and round-table discussions while developing a strong foundation of knowledge to build on and use in his/her Morningstar career.
• Participates in the management of the ticket queue and appropriately assigns support issues to the broader operations and team based on knowledge and comfort level.
• Oversees the maintenance of our knowledgebase to ensure it is current with respect to capabilities.
• Serves as a mentor to more junior/inexperienced members of the team.
• Coordinate the quarterly account statement and performance report generation and fulfillment.
• Coordinate the monthly billing cycle including fee payouts to RIAs.
• Monitor automated production processes, reports on metrics, and troubleshoot issues related to production.
• Ensure all processes are fully documented, documentation is kept up to date, and operations are never at risk due to the absence of a single individual.
• Identify opportunities for improving operational efficiency and reducing operational risk through the automation of operational tasks and/or improvement of existing processes.
• Provide second-level product support by troubleshooting client issues and triage issues documented in the tracking system and ensures they are properly assigned and addressed in a timely manner.
• Develop a thorough understanding of products/services to support operational processes and stays up to date on product changes, enhancements, and new releases.
• Collaborate with team’s in Investment Management’s other offices.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Integrity is a must in this role.
• Strong organizational, time management and client service skills.
• Demonstrated research and problem solving skills.
• Five years + experience in the financial services industry.
• Ability to work with multiple custodian and internal systems simultaneously
• Good understanding of investment operations, financial markets, and the asset management industry is a plus.
• Ability to pull back from daily tasks to assess workflow as a whole, offering suggestions to improve the team’s overall efficiency
• A bachelor’s degree is required; a concentration in finance, or a related area, is a plus.
• Series 65 considered a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity