We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
About the Financial Accountant Role
We’re numbers people! We collect, process, analyze, and distribute financial information, keeping everything accurate and timely. We are responsible for protecting our business and safeguarding our assets. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform month end accounting including journal entry preparation and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze expense line item variances and provide explanations to be included in the monthly Executive Summary analysis provided to the Officer team.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statement and footnotes submitted to Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Assist external audit and tax teams by preparing schedules, explaining supporting material and procedures and any other data as needed.
- Act as the financial liaison for specific department(s) within the organization; reviewing their results vs plan on a monthly basis, assist with the budget process and perform any ad-hoc reporting/analysis to support the team.
- Identify and implement process improvements in daily/monthly responsibilities.
- Assist in preparing the monthly inventory reporting and analysis provided to the Product Development team.
As a member of the Finance Team, you can expect:
- Intellectual stimulation – You’ll learn the operations of our business and dig into the financial statements
- Shaping the future – We’re moving forward and you’ll help shape our financial processes
- Ownership – We act like owners, which means you are empowered and own your work
- Personal development – We’re committed to helping you develop in new areas and new skillsets
- Meritocracy – You can expect rewards based on delivering great results
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for continuous improvement in self and processes
- Attention to details and a commitment to meet deadlines
- Computer skills to process data quickly and flawlessly
- Communication skills to work effectively with all levels within the organization
- Proactive & Creative thinking to seek out best practices and challenge the status quo
- Accountability to take full ownership for everything you do
- Team spirit, work well within a small, high-performing team
What we’d love to see in a candidate:
- BS / BA in accounting
- CPA, or currently sitting for CPA a plus
- Tax experience a plus
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
- Strong to expert Excel skills
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.
If this sounds like a potential fit for you then we’d love to hear from you!