Sr. Graphic Designer
We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you’ll take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
About the Senior Graphic Designer Role
Designers are responsible for creating compelling designs for marketing projects and campaigns in support of Pampered Chef products, experiences, and services for consultants, consumers, and coworkers. The ideal candidate understands our target audience, and can concept and execute on-brand creative that’s compelling and action-oriented. This person is an important member of our integrated marketing team, reporting to the Design Manager of Brand & Creative.
As a member of the Brand & Creative team, you can expect:
- Variety—Responsibilities include both production and conceptual development; creating and using templates and modules to design emails, webpages, social images, flyers, catalogs, recipe books, product use and cares, and more.
- Collaboration—Work daily with copywriters, designers, production, web development, and marketing managers in an open work environment.
- Ownership—Own a piece of creative from start to finish. Proactively seek opportunities to reduce design time and production cost. Advocate for the best user experience while understanding the business needs.
- Consistency—Collaborate with creative team members to establish and implement style guides, achieving overall brand consistency by aligning copy and design.
- Personal development—Invest in learning opportunities through coaching and feedback, formal training, memberships, and on-the-job experience.
- Forward-thinking strategy—Develop creative pieces with a data-based approach, and follow best practices for design creation for digital and print assignments.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (or related field) and 5+ years experience in a design environment.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) required.
- Practical experience in digital and print design required.
- Ability to produce high-quality designs under tight deadlines required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion for jumping into and understanding initiatives.
- Business acumen that helps you understand direct selling and marketing objectives.
- Experience and understanding of pre-press and print processes required with an eye for detail.
- Strong experience training, mentoring, and coaching designers.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Seeks opportunities to reduce design and production costs by avoiding expenses accrued from costly additional photography charges, printing fees, or press delays by ensuring all jobs are completed accurately.
- Works with other designated team members in production of creative campaigns: copywriters, designers, production, web development, and marketing managers.
- Must be a voice of the user, always advocating for the best user experience while understanding the business process.