The Area: Morningstar’s corporate finance team is looking to hire a controller to lead its US Accounting team.
The Role: This is a management role that will report to the Global Controller and will supervise teams responsible for revenue and account receivable; payroll and employee expense management; vendor payments and fixed assets; as well as, other general ledger and reporting activities. In addition to supporting the day to day operations, you will lead and manage efforts to transform the teams, processes and applications of these functions. You will work collaboratively with multiple departments to understand, assess, and deliver timely and insightful financial information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead an organization of approximately 25 professionals across three disciplines aligned to revenue management, expense management and reporting. Support career development opportunities for direct reports and the broader team.
- Work with executive management to understand and set goals for the team. Lead efforts to prioritize initiatives for the US Accounting team along with information technology and international shared service resources.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional project teams to develop and implement new systems and processes.
- Direct and oversee general accounting activities, including the monthly close, and ensure teams are recording and processing transactions in compliance with the Company’s policies and U.S. GAAP.
- Support and maintain strong internal controls for our Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance process.
- Partner with finance leadership to ensure appropriate understanding and interpretation of financial results
- Work closely with external public accountants in planning and executing the annual audit for Morningstar.
- Ability to communicate clearly, work in a team-environment, and collaborate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability leading a large team responsible for diverse and complex processes.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive mindset. Able to learn quickly in a face paced and changing environment.
- Experience with SalesForce.com, Oracle R12 modules, and Hyperion is a plus.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial statement preparation, analysis and reporting
- A CPA or other accounting certification is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.