We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies (licking the spoon, of course!), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior-quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking, and serving products through a network of more than 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada, and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers—from product designers and supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers—is committed to bringing the best to our customers. And we have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting-edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
Our team creates, maintains, and evaluates strategy, programs and resources that our independent sales consultants use every day. We examine what works, what doesn’t, and strive to provide the best possible experience for our consultants and customers.
A successful candidate will have an ability to gather business insights and analytics and translate this data into actionable strategies to help Pampered Chef’s independent sales consultants, especially around motivation and recognition. He or she must have a desire for continuous learning and improvement, and demonstrate enthusiasm as it relates to helping transform Pampered Chef. The desired candidate will have exceptional business acumen, allowing him or her to solve business problems using quantitative methods. This position reports to the Senior Director, Field Strategy.
More specifically, this role entails the following:
- Champion field motivation—understand recognition behavior, motivational psychology, and what drives performance in the field (retention, growth in sales, growth in recruiting) and craft programs that drive desired behavior and ensure alignment to company strategy.
- Make recommendations to the overall motivational strategy, balancing cost and impact.
- Own the consultant motivation experience—from earning the program, achieving the program, and designing the experience of the recognition program.
- Establish metrics to assess impact of current and future motivation programs and develop a process to track on a continuous basis (including formal and informal recognition programs and incentive trips).
- Determine comprehensive Pampered Chef motivational strategy—including objectives of incentive trips, recognition—what we are trying to drive (retention, sales growth, recruiting).
- Assess impact and performance of compensation plan for independent sales consultants.
- Champion competitive approach to field motivation (including career plan), incentive trips, recognition, and any other motivational programs. Work collaboratively with Meetings & Incentives Team and the Customer Insights Team to leverage learnings.
- Oversee implementation of all incentive and recognition programs.
- Develop and test methodology to forecast the number of recognition and incentive earners to better predict impact and cost of programs.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, marketing, technology, engineering, or other data-driven degree program a plus with 5+ years of experience, MBA preferred.
- Experience with sales commission compensation plans preferred.
- Strategic and innovative thinker.
- Gathering and leveraging data to make decisions and drive growth using analytics and testing methodologies.
- Ability to influence and manage cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- Strong leadership and general business management skills are essential.
- Experience within a sales and/or customer service environment.
- Experience working with an independent agent or direct sales channel.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral presentation skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to communicate difficult, highly confidential, and sensitive issues with courtesy and tact.
- Approximately 10% travel required.