Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Are you excited and passionate about immersing yourself in the customer’s environment and searching out new opportunities to improve their digital experience? Solstice is seeking a UX Research Intern to join our team this summer!
- Pursuing or recently completed Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Journalism, or related field
- You’re passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research
- Ability to envision a user-centered design based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals
- Experience with user research methods and tools (prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development, journey mapping)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Great time management and organizational abilities
- You have a strong interest in consulting
What you can expect over the summer:
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you
- Taking a vision from conception to completion and delivery
- Producing wireframes and prototypes for mobile apps, websites, and other digital experiences
- Interviewing end users and developing lean documentation to keep your team user focused
- Facilitating usability sessions to text prototypes and developed features
- Crafting research plans and discussion guides, conducting end-user interviews, synthesizing and analyzing research feedback, and developing lean documentation to keep your team focused on the user.
The goal of our internship is for you to learn as much as possible, by working on real time, new projects. We have a high conversion rate of our interns accepting full time opportunities. Come join us!