Application Support Specialist– Overnight Shift
What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As an Application Support Specialist, you’re joining a fast-growing team that operates at the core of Uptake business operations. You will act as the bridge between our application end-users and all of Uptake’s multidisciplinary teams. Application Support Specialists provide the first line of support for our existing and potential clients. You must be a solutions-oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Someone who can shift gears quickly from managing workloads while driving resolutions for escalated issues, with a heavy emphasis on troubleshooting, testing the software applications, and business-wide projects.
This is an early morning shift position, with the hours being 12am-9am, Monday-Friday.
- Monitor open queue tickets, communicate and update appropriate departments and users regarding support issues on a timely basis.
- Create, scrub, document, communicate, track progress, escalate and manage tickets to resolution and articulate business impact
- Knowing our web application inside out
- Updating and refining our knowledge base and support documentation
- Perform application testing to identify issues and understand user workflows
- Engage in QA process, pre- and post- implementation planning sessions regarding our applications
- Ensure quality by owning the resolution of issues across platforms and meeting identified goals and metrics
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment
- Use problem solving skills, time management skills and detail oriented skills to resolve complex technical problems for internal and external end users
- Work with Product, UX, and Development teams throughout the agile development process
- Direct experience supporting clients as a primary contact or customer facing role
- Professional and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues
- Demonstrate initiative, a willingness to learn new skills and the capacity to take on increasingly challenging projects
- Customer support experience is a plus
- Ability to learn and process new information quickly
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience using Salesforce, JIRA, Microsoft Suite, and Google Suite
- Experience in an Agile Software Development environment