Content Analyst - Zoro
In the past six years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 225+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,800,000 unique products.
Working directly under the Operations Manager, the Content Analyst is responsible for maintaining existing product information for Zoro with assigned product categories. Output from this position directly impacts the Zoro.com shopping experience, Zoro.com on-site search effectiveness, ecommerce channel productivity, conversion rates in all channels, Customer Service efficiency, and the overall customer experience with Zoro.
A day in the life of a Content Analyst:
- Load product information into Zoro's various information systems on new products being added to the Zoro assortment.
- Perform product information management activities such as data analysis, editing, adding enhanced content, applying updates resulting from normalization, technical content support and other functions related to content issues along with ensuring the consistency of product information.
- Submit Click & Find Feedbacks into the Grainger organization for updates and improvements of the base Grainger CPIR product information.
- Work with product data received from the Grainger CPIR feed to ensure proper processing of the data into the Zoro systems, including assisting to resolve any errors caused by CPIR feed failures.
- Recommend additions, changes, and deletions to Category/Hierarchy structure
- Clean and maintain the data based on business priorities and using defined processes.
- Address data content, consistency and Hierarchy issues and analyze the best way to implement within the Hierarchy Structure.
- Participate in team projects that support business priorities.
- Work with various Business partners supporting business initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Proven experience in managing and analysis of product information data.
- Possess demonstrated working knowledge of business strategies including Supply Chain strategies, product information strategies, and marketing strategies. Also demonstrated proficiency in working across business functions…i.e. Marketing, Sales, Branch Services, Supply Chain PI group, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, both internally and with suppliers. Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency preferred with Access, SAP, Excel, and word processing.
- Models customer focus in terms of response time, commitment and resourcefulness.
- Proven orientation to detail and accuracy and getting results.
- Job Travel possibly up to 10%
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.